• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 FK2 general discussion

The more I think about this, the more disheartened I become. I just KNOW it's going to be full of gadgets: satnav, cruise control, electric mirrors, optional race computer giving G readings and throttle data on a beautifully clear and bright 12" touch screen display that can sync with my smartphone and import my music and sooth my fevered brow as I waft past those noisy old tegs with thier unrully exhausts drowned out by my exceptional soundproofing...

I would rather be aroused by the vibration than have my buttocks gently warmed by unnessecary gadgets.

I want the R to stand for racing.

The more I think about this, the more disheartened I become. I just KNOW it's going to be full of gadgets: satnav, cruise control, electric mirrors, optional race computer giving G readings and throttle data on a beautifully clear and bright 12" touch screen display that can sync with my smartphone and import my music and sooth my fevered brow as I waft past those noisy old tegs with thier unrully exhausts drowned out by my exceptional soundproofing...

I would rather be aroused by the vibration than have my buttocks gently warmed by unnessecary gadgets.

I want the R to stand for racing.

Welcome to 2013.

It would be commercial suicide if a japanese manufacturer brought out a car without every new gadget conceivable. the 90's and it's EK9s and DC2s are a thing of the past. If you want a brand new car that's like that, buy a Renault, or strip out and mod an FN2/new model.

Point well made.

As an experiment, tonight (when I have my laptop) I'm going to search "I miss my old EP3", it seems to be a common lament here. There must still be a market for real drivers cars, the Toyobaru should be proof enough of that.

Why not include a 'superlight' option in the range? No modcons, extra potential. The tuner and midlife crisis markets alone should make it a viable proposition.

Welcome to 2013.

It would be commercial suicide if a japanese manufacturer brought out a car without every new gadget conceivable. the 90's and it's EK9s and DC2s are a thing of the past. If you want a brand new car that's like that, buy a Renault, or strip out and mod an FN2/new model.

Thank you for the welcome to 2013, its a good job we are 10 months in now otherwise i might not have noticed......

Yes Honda will need to 'keep up with the Jones'es' but they dont have to put every mod con under the sun into the car to make it desirable. Yes thinks have evolved but most of us (i think) would like the best of both worlds. If they held back on the bells and whistles just a little and brought the price down as a result to sub 25 - 26 grand then they would have a winner. Quite frankly if the 'lap time heads up display' and 'heated seats' seal the deal for you then you are not a true petrol head. Simples

Quite frankly if the 'lap time heads up display' and 'heated seats' seal the deal for you then you are not a true petrol head. Simples

Get a grip. By that logic unless people drive something like a caterham or a westfield they're not a 'true' petrolhead either. Nothing wrong with some comforts. Don't make out that your affordable family hatchback with a 200hp engine makes you know everything about 'real' driving.

Get a grip. By that logic unless people drive something like a caterham or a westfield they're not a 'true' petrolhead either. Nothing wrong with some comforts. Don't make out that your affordable family hatchback with a 200hp engine makes you know everything about 'real' driving.

Ha, during the post that you refer, i did not once claim to know everything about, as you put it 'real driving' and neither did i suggest that it be stripped out like an F40. I simply ask that they hold back a little on the mod cons and and help save some cost to help us who drive these 'vtec driven, 9500rpm, 0 - 60 in 6.5 second, family hatchbacks'.
Oh and the EP3 kicked out 197 not 200 but who's being picky here hey:asw:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ha, during the post that you refer, i did not once claim to know everything about, as you put it 'real driving' and neither did i suggest that it be stripped out like an F40. I simply ask that they hold back a little on the mod cons and and help save some cost to help us who drive these 'vtec driven, 9500rpm, 0 - 60 in 6.5 second, family hatchbacks'.
Oh and the EP3 kicked out 198 not 200 but who's being picky here hey:asw:

or 197 if you're being correct.

Thats what a said ;). I was really just demonstrating how pedantic the comment that set me off was so ignore that sentence guys. I guess I am not being realistic with the price but i guess that is just a reflection of my love for the Civic Type R and not wanting to lose that raw driving feel that we experience when we sit in one.

Lets face it we are all members to this forum for the same common reason, even if we all have different expectations or visions of the new Civic Type R that was never meant to be.

Last edited by a moderator:
The market has changed over the years lads. Do you remember when car adverts displayed 0-60 times? Do you remember the first question people asked when you acquired a new/different motor? Yes - what does it do 0-60 in?

All people ask now is if it has all the usual b0-ll-0x like sat nav, blue tooth and parking sensors etc.... - not for me I'm afraid. I'd rather performance than technology in my car - guess I must be old skool...

:smt032 :smt032 :smt032 :smt032 :smt032 :smt032 :smt032

My Dat-sun's got heated seats, fixed sat nav, some buttons, more buttons, iPod dock, buttons and a shift light.

It still hauls ass.

And it's pretty fun.

I'm looking forward to this new Honda and direction they're going in, whatever it may be.

I'd kill for heated seats in the winter. It's all well and good making a track focused car, but if that's your only means of transport the novelty wears thin very quickly. Look at how many people buy something like a DC2, then sell it not long after as it's just not practical day to day.

I'm currently doing about 400 miles a week in my car, and I would imagine I've spent less than 1% of those journeys actually driving enthusiastically. I'd happily trade a few seconds from the time it takes to go around the nurburgring for a few mod cons.

I'd kill for heated seats in the winter. It's all well and good making a track focused car, but if that's your only means of transport the novelty wears thin very quickly. Look at how many people buy something like a DC2, then sell it not long after as it's just not practical day to day.

I'm currently doing about 400 miles a week in my car, and I would imagine I've spent less than 1% of those journeys actually driving enthusiastically. I'd happily trade a few seconds from the time it takes to go around the nurburgring for a few mod cons.

You need to wear thermal boxer shorts in the winter matey, heated seats will give you haemorrhoids. :lol:

Basically all you need is something comfy but stiffish for when you want to give it the beans, nice exhaust note and a few niceties

Heated seats are boss.

I want a ferrari 458 which has more computers and settings than you could ever have any use for.

you can keep your Hondas with their raw driving presence.

Back