• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 FK2 general discussion

What the ****?!? The spoiler is the whole point of their marketing campaign?? Why the fock would you not have it on the final version?? The ring version looks absolutely shat at the rear. Ugly. Looks like a mothers shopping motor. Disappointing Honda come on where's your sense of adventure. People buying a 28k hot hatch don't want you playing it safe. Look at the ford focus RS. Grow some bollox Honda.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As Scoucefella stated, the rear wing and quite possibly the whole bodykit from the concept will be available at rediculous prices from Honda or Mugen and the standard one will be the turdy looking effort from the Ring with turbo stickers plastered all over it.

If they do decide to do that then the concept edition will be £30-35k imho.

Sent from my SK17i using Tapatalk 2

It's a horrible POS then. Gutted. At least the other marques have the nuts to do something bold with their styling. The concept looks fantastic why stray off to that monstrosity that looks like it crashed into a rip speed shop. Poor show honda. Really poor show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With the Devil Horns spoiler the car looks the dogs boll*cks, take it away and the dog has been castrated, shame on you Honda.

Im my humble opinion, of course.

Minor update on the new Type R.

Colours; as i have already mentioned, NH0 [Champ. White], Black, Red but not a silver as i had previously listed. Instead, we are doing a 'Brushed Metal' colour and a nice new metallic Blue, colour code B593 M.

Styling, not too far from what you're all oozing over, but you wont be getting the 'devil's horns' rear spoiler.

Good and bad news.

I am happy I could get my favorite colour,NH0 Champsionship white but not so happy about the WING being removed.

Im still confident whatever ends up in the showrooms will be great so keeping positive about the car.

Fcuk the missing teenage horns, its the missing flared, vented arches I wanted.

Meh, it will still be a hoot to blat about in anyway.

Bring it on.

Looking at the FL spy shots I cannot resist to think that devil's horns will be put into production in this form:

WNWHaBH.png

What do you think? The way the taillights are altered may suggest such solution.

As for the colors: I understand that many will like the standard black/red/white/silver colors, however for me the car would look more attractive in blue/lime green/yellow (the one on standard civic looks great) or orange.
It certainly feels more alive as these renderings demonstrate:
2015-Civic-Type-R_3_thumb%25255B1%25255D.jpg

Personally I will go for blue (B593 M) as it is the color I was hoping for most and it made me very happy to read here that such color is considered.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've heard a grumble on another forum that there will be an "R" button.

280 bhp normally, 310 with the button pressed along with sharper throttle response and steering etc.

So much dashboard.

It looks cool though, and the front 3/4 shots posted above in various colours are the first time I've liked the exterior design.

I don't like these 'sport' buttons.

My Evo X had one, it was pointless cause I was always in SuperSport mode. Why would I want to tone it down? May as well buy a Type S

Barely seems worth a button for an extra 30bhp. Just have it on all the time.

Interior looks very busy.

The Subaru had the same. Many many people complained that Sport#, as it was called, was too jerky coming off the throttle when town driving.

Subaru came out and said that that mode was meant for country lane blasts and was indeed very jerky with the throttle response purposefully. Normal driving should be done in plain old Sport or intelligent if you're cruising.

Maybe this is intended as something similar.

I'd personally rather not have a button. Not really what Type-Rs are all about.

Before all the 'move with the times' and 'it's not an EK9' comments: Why does it have to be like all the other tepid hatches out there? Why move SO far from the formula that made Rs great? Like Mark Type R said, we need a sport model and a proper R.

I don't think I'll be buying one. I'll keep the EP and buy a GT86 for commuting.

I wouldn't want to be spending any huge amount of time inside a GT86. For a £25k car or whatever they are, the interior is shockingly bad. You could get a 235i for a few grand more and it's in a completely different league quality wise.

Back