• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 FK2 general discussion

New Civic Type R

I reckon people will start to like it. Perhaps we just hate it as it's not the norm? I hated all Hondas years ago then grew to really like them. Sometimes a grower is better and you end up liking it more. If the driving experience is as fantastic as they say it will do well.

As John said it looks hard as fook in black.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honda didn't ruin the TypeR IMO. Social media did. You used to be able to see a concept and then that'd be it until.the official release.

I chose to stay away from this thread as much as I could and skim through pics where possible and I really like it.

Does it look like a 30k car? No IMO. Is it a 30k car? Yet to be seen.

Thumbs up from me.

The more I look at it, the more I'm liking it.
I do think the rear spoiler is a mistake after all the promotional stuff that was done with that concept spoiler.

To those of you who didn't like it initially but are now changing your minds, you are either too easily pleased or you need to get your yourselves down to Specsavers pronto.

This reminds me of when a band I love release a horrific album after a great first single.

You want it to be good, you defend it as much as possible, but ultimately you face up to the fact that it's rubbish.

I wanted to be reaching down the back of the sofa for loose change, anything to get £30k together for this car. But it's just not happening is it :(

I agree with you Welshy, we were teased with the concepts and they've given us this monstrosity. A major FAIL imho.

Honda launch party video.

Go to 31.42 for the new CTR, It's embarrassingly awful imho.

[video=youtube;3cTWwPM-VFk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cTWwPM-VFk#t=1903[/video]

Hmm... Black is definitely an improvement.

But it's still not for me. When one of these drives past me I'll say to myself "it's trying too hard"

The Focus RS and the like do look pretty mean cars. I love the look of a Touring Car. But I think I would feel a bit of a n0b driving one through my town.

Is this what happens to you when you get past 30?...

Hmm... Black is definitely an improvement.

But it's still not for me. When one of these drives past me I'll say to myself "it's trying too hard"

The Focus RS and the like do look pretty mean cars. I love the look of a Touring Car. But I think I would feel a bit of a n0b driving one through my town.

Is this what happens to you when you get past 30?...

Allen, I will be 69 in September, if the new CTR had been awesome looking I possibly could have been tempted to buy one. However, I certainly won't be buying this one.

Jermal (Tony) sums it up in post 1452.

"It's like they got half way down the car and couldn't be bothered with the rest.

"It's ten to five boys. Just knock something up and let's clock off and get down the boozer."

Do you know what, I will be so bold as to say I actually like it now. 2 days and it's grown on me. People will get over the looks. Actually some aspects o prefer to the concept as it looks less like a drawing of a car and more like a real car if that makes sense. I think they should have kept the front strips for the fogs, and incorporated some lighting into the spoiler as that would have softened the blow of the spoiler not being the same as the concept, but otherwise I don't mind it. Looking forward to seeing it go!

I have been looking for this thread for days now. Finally found it!!

I really like it. The price however is another thing. £30k for a HONDA. I'll probably wait until it comes on the second hand market. Hopefully by then there will be a facelifted version.

It doesn't look all that different from the concept IMO.

I think the focus looks a bit dull and has lost some of its style in comparison. They have toned it down too much to appeal to a broader market. Why?! At least the type R looks yobish and isn't trying to fill a category between family car and boy racer. Type R FTW.

Suits coming back to the Red H ?

Dott ?? Is that you hiding in there ??

I'm not mate, no. Quite happy with my Datsun for the moment. Although, I know someone that is considering this and I really hope he does.

Can't wait to see this thing going around, really looking forward to hearing it popping and barking.

Highlights if you don't want to watch the full vid posted a few pages back, and without the annoying presenter.

[video=youtube;Fc2mXAsOahI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fc2mXAsOahI[/video]

On paper, yeah this thing is going to be a weapon. But either way, IMO, you're going to look like a right tit driving it. Far too much going on and the rear just looks awful. I don't mind it front on though, but then again I like the standard Civic front on. The interior looks pretty good too.

If it is a £30k car though, then major LOLcano at that.

Didn't people also hate the FN2, now look at that, yes its not as good looking as the concept, but it is still a good looking car and will probably look even better when people acually see it.

Regards

Andrew

Back