• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 FK2 general discussion

I will never have 30 large to spend on a new car never mind running it service parts and so on, but if I did I really think it would be the rs,, and im a honda man and a ex vw man,, I really at the mo cant get the vibe for the new one,, its ugly,,,,,

Is it just me or is the engine bay just a complete jumble?
I mean the K20 just looks so neat in everything its in and that just doesnt

Had a missed call from Honda today - voicemail message offering me a Type R (for the £3K deposit of course). I shall phone back tomorrow and offer my attendance at the launch night in Cardiff to look at it.

You'll be surprised to know this is a K20 so I'm led to believe. K20C9 or something like that, I didn't commit it to memory at the time and fecked if I can find it now.

i think they are going more for a PCP sale side of things as the pcp doesn't seem to badly priced at around £290ish but saying that would that even be worth it? lol the shape is growing on me... BUT I need to see one in person to judge it really

i think they are going more for a PCP sale side of things as the pcp doesn't seem to badly priced at around £290ish but saying that would that even be worth it? lol the shape is growing on me... BUT I need to see one in person to judge it really

It all boils down to the individual, but yeah to start with it will be PCP or hire purchase.

I I lease a £40k car for £373 a month. When you do it like that it suddenly becomes a lot more affordable.

That happens when you put a turbo on it, still looks better then most 2.0 turbos, at least they show the engine and dont't cover it with plastic panels.

Attachments

• Honda-Civic-Type-R-Geneva-Live-25-850x528.jpg
    Honda-Civic-Type-R-Geneva-Live-25-850x528.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 42
It all boils down to the individual, but yeah to start with it will be PCP or hire purchase.

I I lease a £40k car for £373 a month. When you do it like that it suddenly becomes a lot more affordable.

Exactly, I think that is the whole idea to get the cars on the road and in the market, will see how they go but tbh it might be nice not seeing loads of them on the roads as its nice to see a different car every now and then, unlike limited edition corsas ...

It's a very similar price to the Megan and seat I can't understand what everyone is beefing about.

I'm with loxy in it. I really like now though those red steering wheel inserts look gaudy as fook not keen on those. I guess you could swap them out with some nice carbon or ******. They should do interior colour options too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Octavia VRS hatch £24k
Audi S1 £25k
265 Megane £25k
Leon Cupra £25k
Focus ST-3 £26k
Golf GTI £26k
Astra VXR £27k
280 Cupra £27k
275 Megane £29k

Golf R £30k
Audi S3 £31k
Focus RS £??k
Merc A45 £37k

Octavia VRS hatch £24k
Audi S1 £25k
265 Megane £25k
Leon Cupra £25k
Focus ST-3 £26k
Golf GTI £26k
Astra VXR £27k
280 Cupra £27k
275 Megane £29k

Golf R £30k
Audi S3 £31k
Focus RS £??k
Merc A45 £37k
Taking that list the Type R is going to be in an odd spot.
It will be the most expensive of the "affordable" hot hatches and directly competing with the top end stuff

Renaultsport Megane 275 Trophy R is well if 36k
I'm pretty sure add a few options and all the above
list of car will shoot up in price

plus for me I like a car which stands out
So the golf and Audi just don't do it for me

http://www.carthrottle.com/post/10-...nd-the-nurburgring-than-the-new-civic-type-r/

Interesting reading. It's quicker round the 'ring than the following cars:

2003 BMW M3 CSL - 7m 50s
2009 Merc SL 65 AMG Black Series - 7m 51s
2011 Jaguar XKR-S - 7m 51s
2004 Ford GT - 7m 52s
2004 Mercedes CLK DTM - 7m 54s
2007 Porsche 997 Turbo - 7m 54s
2005 Ferrari F430 - 7m 55s
2012 BMW M5 - 7m 55s
2003 Lamborghini Gallardo - 7m 52s
2008 Audi R8 - 8m 01.90s

However I'd like to see all the above being tested with the same driver, same conditions, modern tyres etc.

Either way, pretty impressive.

Back