• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 FK2 general discussion

Saying that I do have one German car not sure if it counts but I love it :)

Is that a Brabus?? Seriously considering one of these, but there seems to be quite a few horror stories about the electrics and water ingress. Also the alloys being made of tin foil. But they seem so much fun for so little cash, and being a Brabus its getting classic collectable status. Also the Roadster forums often say its hard to find a mechanic who knows what their doing with the car and to never take it to a Mercedes garage as they havnt a clue. Is this true? Whats your experience of owning it?

Is that a Brabus?? Seriously considering one of these, but there seems to be quite a few horror stories about the electrics and water ingress. Also the alloys being made of tin foil. But they seem so much fun for so little cash, and being a Brabus its getting classic collectable status. Also the Roadster forums often say its hard to find a mechanic who knows what their doing with the car and to never take it to a Mercedes garage as they havnt a clue. Is this true? Whats your experience of owning it?
Two things, Smarts are made in France so technically have French build quality. Also the horror stories are true, I know because I had one

I just found this out:

CO2 = 170 g/km

Weight = 1382 to 1397 kg depending on spec.

Non-homologated figures, so might change a bit I guess but probably not by much.

icon_wink.gif

Chris.

€570 road tax. Good going considering pre-2008 cars with 2.0l engines is €730 a year. Honda Ireland also have a tv advert of 5 years free servicing on the new civic. I called and asked does that include the TypeR. Yes. Yes it does.

My Focus was £120 I think? I did 20k miles in that in just under a year. I did 12k in the Accord in 6 or so months, which was also around the same price. Since I bought the S2000 in March last year I've done 5000 miles I think, maybe less. The system is completely bonkers.

Ive had my Brabus for 3 years now and its been a great motor and turns heads ,I had it remapped before I picked it up and is pushing out 120bhp and only weighs in at 820kgs and so is good for a little over 130mph , I've not had any horror stories or water getting inside the car but saying that I did replace the door rubbers
I did have to get a new gear Actuator last year as my one failed but the car was 9 years old at the time think it cost around £400 plus a boost sensor which cost £20 and fixed myself
Its great fun to drive and returns around 48mpg and I do drive it hard I have modded it with things like 4 pot front brakes Earthing/ Voltage kit HID so on

My two Roadsters

Ive had my Brabus for 3 years now and its been a great motor and turns heads ,I had it remapped before I picked it up and is pushing out 120bhp and only weighs in at 820kgs and so is good for a little over 130mph , I've not had any horror stories or water getting inside the car but saying that I did replace the door rubbers
I did have to get a new gear Actuator last year as my one failed but the car was 9 years old at the time think it cost around £400 plus a boost sensor which cost £20 and fixed myself
Its great fun to drive and returns around 48mpg and I do drive it hard I have modded it with things like 4 pot front brakes Earthing/ Voltage kit HID so on

My two Roadsters
You have been very very lucky. My Roadster was a siv, it needed £3,000 worth of electrical work due to water ingress when I traded it for my FN2

Ive got the last 2005 model they came with the updated rubber seals which helps I've used the car in all though the winter
and it never missed a beat say that its 10 years old with only 30k on the clock I may sell it this year to have fund my new CTR
but don't really want to part with it, its like a go kart on steroids :)

Back