• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 FK2 general discussion

Within months they will be up for sale like anything else. And cheaper. Of course the only problem with buying cars like these second hand is that you are pretty much guaranteed it's been "enjoyed". Also a high chance of accident damage. I say this because two such cars I have bought previously from reputable places with nothing showing on HPI had seen some serious drama and extensive repairs. As usual, buyer beware - get a thorough inspection done regardless of who the seller is.

I'm getting confused more & more, Honda want & have had 3k deposits yet dealers are now asking for 1-2k :confused: either Honda are taking us for mugs or the dealers.
The concept red wasn't milano, it had gold flake in it & was too expensive was reported £750 per litre I think, shame as it did look good, but the milano on this version doesn't look so pretty I'm afraid

I was told the red is NOT Milano. It's some other red. The French marketing shows it as Milano though. And all other colours are metallic so one of them must be flat paint and red is the only one left. Metallic costs £500 more. So it's 32295 for GT, PLUS £500 for metallic.

Personally I think the dealers can do whatever they want regarding deposits. £3k is a lot to put down on something months away that you might not even like.

New Civic Type R

I had my local dealer on the phone asking if id like to put an order in for one. I was told its a 2k deposit. And they give me 7k for my fn2. I told him there's no way I put a deposit on a car I hadn't driven or even seen in the flesh.
His reply was, there wont be time to see one In the flesh, as they will all be sold before then, and how his phone hasn't stopped ringing with people ordering them, as people know what a type R can do, their not concerned with how it drives, as they know itll be amazing.
I said id wait for a 2nd hand one also as I think 32k is to much. This is the best bit he said. There wont be any 2nd hand ones for less as people will know its a collectable car and they wont part with them, except for more than they have paid. I told him he's getting confused with the NSX.
I've heard some sales people talk some shiz to sell a car, but his shiz was the worst yet.

Cars salesmen are such hateful shisters. What a load of nonsense. A few months into paying £350 a pop people will start to sell them when the novelty has worn off!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
So what's PCP? Is hire purchase different? I know nothing about the deals you can get on new cars these days.

I think it means "Personal Contract Plan". Basically it's like HP but you only pay interest on the portion that isn't the guaranteed future value (GFV). So a £30k car with a £15k GFV means you only pay the interest on £15k saving a lot of money. After 3 years (or whatever term you decide) you can then choose to give the car back, pay the GFV and keep it, or PX it for something else. PX'ing is normally the most cost-effective way as many tire of cars by the time 3 years is up. Bear in mind you have to declare mileage up front. If you go over they do charge you. Don't be afraid of this though. You are much worse off saying you will do 10k per year and only doing 5.

I bought a jazz instead.

I was thinking about Jazz too, but I cannot live without option to choose 1.5l 130hp which is only available outside of Europe.
Not to mention that new Jazz looks worse than previous one.
I think I will go with Mazda 2 (1.5L 115HP, 980kg, 200km/h v-max, full LED headlights) for my wife.

It's definitely going to be Milano red Honda UK have already published the colours, from their website: "The Type R is available in five distinctive colours that give the purposeful new styling added visual impact. As well as Championship White – shared with successive generations of iconic Type R vehicles – buyers can choose from Crystal Black (pearlescent), Polished Metal (metallic), Brilliant Sporty Blue (metallic) and Milano Red"
The deposit thing that is confusing me is HONDA (not dealers) want 3k deposits & they made this mandatory for pre-orders, either dealers are putting up the rest (which I can't see) or these orders won't be ready this yr

HONDA (not dealers) want 3k deposits & they made this mandatory for pre-orders, either dealers are putting up the rest (which I can't see) or these orders won't be ready this yr

That is correct dweezle

If a dealer places an order for a new CTR, Honda UK take £3,000 off them at the end of the month the order was placed

If a dealer is accepting a lower amount for an order, then they are footing the shortfall at the end of the month

Chris.

Must be trusting dealers, I reckon they'll hold on to the low deposits then put the orders in once the customers have seen & test driven one, I can't imagine dealers coughing up out of their own pockets for possible orders.
Unless it's something that does happen, (it's all new to me)

LOL "Wont get to see one in the flesh, my phone hasn't stopped ringing."

Yeh, they're gonna go like hot cakes so much so that Honda Dealers are cold calling customers.

Must be trusting dealers, I reckon they'll hold on to the low deposits then put the orders in once the customers have seen & test driven one, I can't imagine dealers coughing up out of their own pockets for possible orders.
Unless it's something that does happen, (it's all new to me)

They are probably not allowed to order cars for stock apart from the static and road demos they've all been told to have

Doing this probably allows them to get round that (if someone decides to cancel)

Chris.

I just found it confusing when you've already coughed up then you read dealers are already taking lesser deposits, the 5yr free servicing that was mentioned earlier being chucked into the deal is actually already included in any new car bought from Honda , it does look like dealers are trying everything to get the sales in, I don't believe these will be flying off the shelf YET & will be pretty scarce till the price drops probably a yr or 2, just need prices & full specs & I can relax :)

Personally I can't see prices dropping. A Civic EX is nudging 30k and what new development went into that model specifically? Nothing. I actually think if rival cars had not just been released around the 30k price point the Type R would have been pitched even higher. The fact is that cars now how so much technology in them they cost a fortune to develop and manufacture. The days of the DC5 with its great engine and chassis and zero creature comforts (unless you count the mini disk player) being enough are long gone. People want it all - and the manufacturers are going to give it to them.

On the other hand they're doing exactly what they should be doing. Incentives, get bums on seats and critically, get a spread of Type Rs out onto the road ASAP. That's the only way they'll ever sell this car in the numbers they hope to IMO. By making them appear instantly successful and thereby scooping up all the 'oooh errr maybe' guys who will feel less like they're taking a risk, once they see the car on the road. More power to honda. I hate the car but I still want them to do well.

IMO.

I'm really quite upset about this car. I hate it. It's gone against the red H heritage in every way that is important. I fell in love with Hondas because they are so exciting to drive, the old type-rs were raw and howled like a banshee. They were never all that fast, but it was the feeling that mattered. I can't see the new R being in the same league, I can only see it being scary fast.

If you know my car then you'll understand I'm no shrinking violet, but I would be embarrassed to drive that around. The body kit is everything that was wrong with the car scene for the last two decades. It just makes me think of over-compensation and mid-life crisis.

I could have put a deposit on one, I saved money for two years specifically for it. I bought a jazz instead.
Couldn't said it better

Back