• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 FK2 general discussion

I'll be getting PSSs I think and squinting at the receipt. :roll:

Super Sports are a good shout for a daily driver as are PS4's as I mentioned above. I think the likes of AD08R, PS2, RS-R etc should be for weekend cars and the occasional track day.

I'm running PS4s on the front and still PS3's on the back of the EP3.

John I'm not sure but I know if I had waited for black circles it was around £128 for the PSS for the EP3.

According to BC your FK2's would be £174.23 per PSS Tyre or £696.92 for four. Thats including fitting.

Also just to add, F1A2/3 are pretty poor. Used them twice, never again. They feel over inflated and lack feel.

I'm running PS4s on the front and still PS3's on the back of the EP3.

John I'm not sure but I know if I had waited for black circles it was around £128 for the PSS for the EP3.

According to BC your FK2's would be £174.23 per PSS Tyre or £696.92 for four. Thats including fitting.

£613.16 delivered from my usual place. The garage I like normally charge £50 for fitting and balancing four wheels if I turn up with them off the car.

245s which I'm tempted for are £680.76 delivered, so I'm looking at £730 fitted. Black circles want £744 but I either have to travel out of town or get the only local firm which are cowboys, to fit them. :lol: Nope.

Will be getting my 235 PSS's fitted tomorrow

Could you please post up plenty of pics of the profile of those tyres? I'm interested in the rim protection as that's my main motivation for going 245.

If 235 are fine, I will save a bit not going 10mm wider! I have been sent some pics in the past, but they didn't really show how the tyres sat on the rim and if the tread stuck out from the surface enough to help prevent impacts.

I've had loads of those fancy tyres over the years. I had the AD08R's on my ep3 and I agree they were pretty awesome. Probably better in the wet than the cup 2's but I do find the cup 2's alright in the wet. I drive 80 miles a day in my Megane and even today when it was lashing they deal with standing water ok. There's massive channels down the middle to direct the water. Obviously if you're doing 100mph and you hit water you're going to come unstuck so to speak, but driving Normally they're perfectly fine. I find in the wet when you corner hard or try to put power down rapidly rather than progressively, that's when they lose traction. It's true though like you say sometimes they behave oddly. Sometimes even in the dry if not really hot they can sometimes be a bit slippy. But other times they are just amazing. I've taken some corners at outrageous speeds in the Megane. And the combination of diff and tyres means it just absolutely sticks like anything. It's quite remarkable. They bloody expensive though and they wear out very fast. I have the ohlins too on my car so she handles well! You had to warm the yoko's up too in the civic for them to perform and they were excellent. I had Nankang ns2r's on my Clio 200 and they were awesome in the dry and super cheap, but like having butter on your wheels in the wet lol! Had a few hairy moments. Once you're used to the characteristics of performance tyres you pretty much know the limits no matter which type you go for. I think people expect too much from them sometimes. They're designed for hot weather hard driving. If you are gunning it in the wet it only stands to reason that they will not perform amazingly.

Lox the PSS are supposed to be excellent. Even comparable to the cup 2's in terms of grip but not as tough to stand up to sustained amounts of abuse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New Civic Type R

Some pics of mine if that helps:

71E01248-7725-4D31-B78E-0857D895CC65_zpsew6lwx52.jpg

1BA4D213-1C7E-434F-AF96-C7BB28673AC0_zpsiq3zsnec.jpg

A2BCF71F-21F8-47F2-87E1-ADBC787653DF_zpsyezdzqed.jpg

6C9432C5-1D29-409A-83CF-FB17B18AB6A7_zpshkjakvwh.jpg

And a general whore shot!

53A26244-86C0-4DF9-8B8F-AA09E85DB625_zpsaasfe1sx.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ps. I enjoyed that new type r video and it's nice to see it finally getting the praise it deserves rather than the nonsensical hater opinions!! I'd like to drive one.

Lewis. That's the first time I've seen your car. Dunno how I've missed it as I'm sure you've posted pictures before.

Really like it mate. Never thought I'd say that about a French car.

1466776917432-61861678_zpsa0scgf5o.jpg

20160624_143712_zpsidk56k7h.jpg

Not much rim protection, looks less than the conti's but is about the same. Due to the Michelin's having a straighter side wall i think they may favour better should you graze a curb.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lewis. That's the first time I've seen your car. Dunno how I've missed it as I'm sure you've posted pictures before.

Really like it mate. Never thought I'd say that about a French car.

Thanks a lot Allen she is a beast alright. I'm really happy with it. Gearbox ain't no EP3 but otherwise it's amazing.

Back