• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 FK2 general discussion

I'm on Momentum 99. I've tried V-Power but don't get as much mpg as Momentum.

Momentum is what i use normaly. Had to use normal unleaded yesterday . So thats not the difference between the cars then. Climate control on or of?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

It's normally off but had been on during the weather.

I'm sure it's just the ECU winding things back to protect the engine based on sensor readings.

I always run the climate control on auto & you notice that when it kicks in, especially if it kicks in when pulling from a junction.
Seems they missed a trick with a vented bonnet, not for me but tegiwa are releasing one, I'm hoping for something more aggressive looking to be released

For me i dont use the car enough as its not my daily evan though ill do more than a 1000 miles this week. Just wondering why some people seem to have problems and not others.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I would say everyone would of noticed a difference in the heat, different driving conditions would of meant more than others.
Mine wasn't a massive difference as I was taking it easy due to being knackered but when I overtook a lorry it didn't feel as quick off the mark, straightaway I put it down to heat & the rds soft

It has been posted on a few forums. The vin range doesn't look to match CTRs, but no harm in checking.

Honda have released the following safety recall for the following chassis code for Civic. The TSB is dated 22-07-2016 TSB#SQ-07-001-00

Model: Civic 5D
Model Code: FK1; FK2; FK3;
Year Model: 15

Symptom
Under certain circumstances the driver may notice a reduction in the performance of the VSA Modulator functions. Although there is no loss of brake function, the vehicle stability assist system may not react as designed and in some driving circumstances, there is a possibility for a skid to occur and result in loss of control.

Cause
During the manufacturing of the VSA / ABS modulator, insertion of a plastic filter into the modulator was misaligned, causing damage to the plastic filter which resulted in a small piece of the broken filter entering the modulator. Depending on the size of the broken piece, one of the one-way check valves in the modulator may be kept open which could lead to reduced VSA performance.

Countermeasure
The VSA modulator supplier's manufacturing process has been modified and improved to correctly install the filter and therefore eliminate any contamination.

Application to Production Line
SHHFK1***FU008676
SHHFK2***FU017748
SHHFK3***FU612551

Market Treatment
Honda UK will write to owners of affected vehicles and invite them to make an appointment at their preferred Honda dealer to have a repair carried out as instructed in this bulletin.

Repair Method
Replace the VSA modulator according to work shop manual information.

Note: Petrol and Diesel models have different repair methods.

Parts Information

57100-TV0-F01 MODULATOR ASSY., VSA
57100-TV0-F11 MODULATOR ASSY., VSA
57100-TV1-F01 MODULATOR ASSY., VSA
57100-TV1-F11 MODULATOR ASSY., VSA
57100-TV1-F41 MODULATOR ASSY., VSA
57100-TA9-F01 MODULATOR ASSY., VSA
57100-TA9-F11 MODULATOR ASSY., VSA
08203-99938HE BRAKE FLUID, DOT 4, One 0.5 litre of brake fluid is sufficient quantity to replace one Modulator Assembly.

Does anyone actually notice a performance difference using the more expensive fuel? I've never found it to of tangible benefit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone actually notice a performance difference using the more expensive fuel? I've never found it to of tangible benefit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing between Shell Nitro + or whatever it's called and Tesco Momentum. The only difference I have noticed in the 10+ years since being back in the UK is that momentum is considerably cheaper (10p per litre average round my way). I tried BP 102 when in Germany and noticed sod all difference between that and the regular 97 stuff you get over there. My car is mapped on Momentum.

The only thing I have ever noticed is that previous Honda's have not liked BP Ultimate, got a fair amount of knock and sometimes hesitation, so I try and stay away from it now.

I noticed a difference when mapping my DC5.
BP Ultimate also made my car knock! So much so I ran the tank dry going around town. Terrible stuff!

It depends on the car.

I only use Tesco Momentum and Shell V-Power, it really depends on where I am but I always think about where and when to fill up and not just when my tank is empty. I've only ever been caught short in the CR-Z once, maybe twice in the 81,000 miles on the car.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back