• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 FK2 general discussion

This is where it gets confusing with dealers, the cars have a built in service reminder, it tells you when the oil needs changing.
Dealers are meant to stick to the service reminder unless the owner gives permission to switch it off, if that's the case then the dealer HAS to sign the section in the book saying service reminder has been deactivated, HUK say not to switch off.

Maintenance info option should show you a countdown on A or B service, if you're 6mthly changing you can manually reset the service reminder so the system can monitor fresh oil

Dealer signed ...

6c92145405aa28dcf6c348a187eb6ada.jpg

1st Service itinerary

538aefcb92a90088733aafb64a38325c.jpg

I don't get dealers with oils, it should be Castrol with the Honda stamp on the bottle 0w20 its also what's recommended (mainly for eco) but dealers should stick to that, I'll check my service printout later, I just assumed they stuck to their Castrol that they hyped up with the car

Use whatever it says in the manual. If it says use super and you don't then don't expect much if your engine goes pop.
On the other hand. If it says 95 then it's time to save some monies :)

Says 95 in the manual... My EP3 has done 140k on supermarket 95 and is sound. My FK2 will get the same.
There's no point jizzing your money away on fuel that you can only tell any performance gains when strapped to a dyno bed.

95 is fine but with a turbocharged engines you can get good gains from higher. Have a look on YouTube there are a couple of videos that show you, you can get nothing with a normal aspirated engine but with a higher pressures of a turbo charged engine could help prevent knock and stop the ecu from retarding the timing.

Wow that almost sounded like I knew I was talking about to be honest it's only what I've watched/read and some someone with far more knowledge will probably put me right.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Back