• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 FK2 general discussion

Generic FK2 Civic Type R Discussion

Going by dealers part ex prices I can't see it, they've basically killed the FK2 on residuals

Indeed. If one was to take an fk2 and get a px value right now , you’d be Un-pleasantly surprised.

When a lot of them get handed back in next year once pcp deals are up , it will be a buyers market.

Last edited by a moderator:
^^^ True.

Bottom line always is. Does anybody want to buy one. With the new model out and nearly new examples and ex demos now available. What would your average punter rather have. The hyped-car-of-the-moment new shape one?! Or the old shape one?!

In 20 years roles will probably reverse, but is anybody planning on glass-boxing their FK2 for 20 years. Nah, drive the thing, smash its back doors in.

For those that do glass box them though, they may reap rewards.

This one will be , as it’s a display model with only 2000 miles on it and shouldn’t rise.

37e7fc46cfb52dcf186b9dfff1865c37.jpg

I booked my car in for another service at Reading Honda on Sunday. Whilst chatting about the the FK8 I asked him what he would offer me for mine PX. He advised it would be worth around 21-22K. I didn’t think that was bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:lol:

Loving the plate

Saw a Golf R yesterday with '6olf R.' It was from the back as it shot off into the distance like a stabbed rat. Was never going to race you mate!!! (but id have you on the track...!)

Every time I find a Golf R or a Focus RS they dont want to play. I'm stuck destroying Impreza's Evo's and Seat Cupra's :(

What did you do to your Type R today?

Just seen your mods, great stuff. Do you have a torque figure?

On the last official dyno run I got 410ft lbs. Although last Thursday I visited Evolve/Eventuri and with the new Eventuri filter fitted I made another 10-15ft lbs through the curve. So when the filter arrives in the post somewhere around 420ft lbs I suppose.

02efd79b51078235ad52db6e966ad451.jpg

The FK2 is a funny beast on the dyno. You can get as much as 20bhp difference from one day to another. The curves are always consistent though. I have had as much as 386bhp. Last dyno was 379. I think its to do with tyres. AD08R dont seem to work well on a rolling road. Oddly the best stats I got was on the Conti's.

Anyway this is an FK8 thread. Continue chat over In the FK2 thread

Last edited by a moderator:
Every time I find a Golf R or a Focus RS they dont want to play. I'm stuck destroying Impreza's Evo's and Seat Cupra's :(

I find exactly this, everyones realised once rolling the fk2 punches way harder than the stats on paper would suggest. I had a good run with an m140i the other day and the guy was proper surprised when we pulled over at some traffic lights. Think he was expecting to sail past but in fact he ended up dropping behind more and more as the distance we covered increased. The cornering speeds of the fk2 are epic, this combined with being able to get on the power earlier leaving corners and the relatively long gearing with a load of power surprises alot of cars. My other cars a 424 bhp e92 m3 and while it may be quicker in a straight line the fk2 is so much quicker on normal uk roads

Wait until you give the car more power. I chased an caught an E92 M3 after it pushed the other FK2s in our group out the way when we went to the Hendy show a few weeks ago.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wait until you give the car more power. I chased an caught an E92 M3 after it pushed the other FK2s in our group out the way when we went to the Hendy show a few weeks ago.

yer as soon as my warranty is up, I will be getting a remap and supporting mods for more power. can tell that with another 50 - 80 bhp it will be a total weapon ! The m3 is an epic car but the main reason I bought a type r and the m3 became a garage queen was the 10-14mpg I was getting !!!! the saving on fuel with the miles I do almost pays the monthly payments of the type R!

I’m at work today and happened to notice my old car is still up for sale a month after the dealer bought it , time of year or highly priced ?

87aeffab51d5be0ef37121a8dbd4a3e6.jpg
b48dfdc8ed4e3d4fc62c965b0913df40.jpg
acc6e8891095a95a787e033e33f857c8.jpg

Back