• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 Fk2 wheels refurbish

Does anyone know if the standard wheels on a fk2 civic can be refurbished? Just recently I've noticed just in the corner of the spokes there looks like what appears to be the paint wearing off, or is it as someone suggested the effects of really hot particles of the brake pads coming off and coming into contact with the rim? Causing the paint to wear or the disc particles to adhere to the corner of the rim covering the paint,?
Also I've heard you can't refurb Honda civic type r fk2 wheels as they're forged.?
I have also heard that the wheels are made of magnesium alloy and therefore can't be refurbished.? Does anyone have any answers to my questions regarding if the wheels can or can't be refurbished.
Regards Fred.

Last edited:
There has been plenty fk2s advertised for sale with refurbed wheels.. most of the ones I've seen have had the red stripe omitted... probably cheaper without replicating it.. I personally plan to get mine done in the next few months and will be including the stripe to return them to as new and original condition.. hope this helps

Sent from my SM-G780F using Tapatalk

I got mine refurbed last year with the red pinstripe from Whoops Wheel Fix It (North London) as i saw on their instagram that they do the pinstripes. I also found out that do the refurbs for my local Honda Brayley dealer. They did an excellent job and even though there's a small amount of magnesium in the alloy, a quality refurb from a company familiar with them will be fine. I plan to go back to get 2 done again as i had an altercation with a low kerb at Ikea

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

I got mine refurbed last year with the red pinstripe from Whoops Wheel Fix It (North London) as i saw on their instagram that they do the pinstripes. I also found out that do the refurbs for my local Honda Brayley dealer. They did an excellent job and even though there's a small amount of magnesium in the alloy, a quality refurb from a company familiar with them will be fine. I plan to go back to get 2 done again as i had an altercation with a low kerb at Ikea

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
How much was it per wheel?

Sent from my CPH2009 using Tapatalk

Back