• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 FK8 Air Conditioning

Anyone had issues with their FK8 A/C?

Mine doesn’t seem to go very cold is this “normal”? My previous Type R’s got much colder.

I have recently had what looks like steam coming out of the centre dash vents, anyone else has this. I think it’s just down to high humidity but not sure.

My car is out of warranty now so I’m not that keen to get Honda to take a look at it.

The usual suspect is low gas. Can you here the compressor start?

Personally I wouldn’t pay main dealer prices for AC….or for anything come to think of it.

Last edited:
Why nor renew the warranty on my fk2 I got 2 years for 500 quid. Bargin. In years 4 and 5 I had over 4k of main dealer work covered. Its years 4 and 5 that things break imo

Thanks for the replies.

Yeah, it might need a re gas as I think I can hear the compressor when I start the car. Seems a bit soon to need this doing but I guess it can get low at any time.

I hadn’t considered extending the warranty, mainly due to Honda not being interested in warrantying any of the issues I’ve had with the car (they are minor things) which makes me think what’s the point.I do low mileage so I’m not too concerned about things going wrong although you never know what might happen.

Steam happens due to humidity when turning AC off after its been on.

Yes I recharged mine but don't worry as I have also noticed that it does not feel as cold as my previous cars. Just a trait of the FK8 unfortunately.

Sent from my CPH2009 using Tapatalk

I can't speak for my FK8, by my FK2 needed a re-gas after just under 3 years due to it being sat around quite a bit . Apparently if the A/C isn't used much it tends to need a re-gas a lot sooner than if it's constantly cycling. Expensive though as it's the new posh gas so it was about £120 or so.

My car (69 reg) was blowing only warm or hot air from outside.
Thought it was just needing recharged and thought about an independent place, like Kwik Fit.
Eventually decided on my local Honda dealer.
Really glad I did. The condenser was leaking so that was replaced under warranty so obviously no charge and AC now working perfectly.

People slate hondas warranty as they ignored the gearbox issue unless the car was new. Despite this I had about 6k of warranty work approved in 5 years.

4 wheels
Entire engine wiring loom replaced
Numerous actuator issues
New turbo and associated parts

The engine wiring loom seems pretty common on properly used fk2's. This was £2.5k alone.

My car (69 reg) was blowing only warm or hot air from outside.
Thought it was just needing recharged and thought about an independent place, like Kwik Fit.
Eventually decided on my local Honda dealer.
Really glad I did. The condenser was leaking so that was replaced under warranty so obviously no charge and AC now working perfectly.
Yes, my 19 plate had this back in the middle of this summer too. It's a known issue with this model of civic and there was a woman having the identical issue as me in the dealership at the same time. The service team re-gassed mine there and then but when they reported back stated they had ordered a new compressor which they will fit anyway. They knew it was a fault.
Well worth pushing the dealer on this as i understand Honda are VERY sympathetic to this warranty claim as there are so many of them, but they don't want to do a general recall.

Reading MattFK8’s post has made me doubt what I’d written.
I’m not sure whether it was the condenser or compressor which was leaking and replaced under warranty.
Doesn’t really matter. Same result, working AC.

Faulty a/c pumps are common in the states so Honda increased the warranty on them to 10years as customers where kicking off.
UK - same issues but HondaUK do nothing about it....

Sorry to resurrect an old thread. My 18 FK8 is having this issue now. Took it to local Honda dealer and they said basically said they don’t have any parts because this never fails. Which turned out to be a lie. Been 2 months of waiting for a part to arrive.

Honda customer services aren’t interested in helping, dealer told me they sourced one in the states and it was being sent over (a month ago) chased this up today and apparently that part has gone with no ETA on a new one.

Absolute shambles. Want out of the thing now because the experience with the dealer and honda UK has been that shambolic but can’t exactly sell a car with an AC that doesn’t work! Doesn’t help that it’s fucking hot at the moment!

Back