• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 FK8 CTR Sport Line Ride

I'm a newbie and have had my 2021 Polished Metal CTR Sport Line for a couple of months and I love most things about the car except I find the ride even in Comfort mode not very good I feel every imperfection in the road more than I thought I would. I don't remember it being that bad when I test drove the car (obviously a test drive is different to owning especially when the dealer insisted a salesman should come out). One of the reasons I went for the Sport Line was the 19" alloys. I came from a 2017 Golf R and as a drive the CTR is much better. Am I being too critical and just got to learn to live with it? Cheers.

Good choice of motor, i'd have one if i could but with 19" tyres and hard performance suspension I think you will have to live with it.
Even the FN2 with 18" tyres can be a bit unforgiving on rough roads.

I think the ride with the 20s in comfort mode is pretty good, better than I was expecting and that includes driving on poor roads. My RS6 felt worse on the same roads, but I put that down to 21s and weighing 2 tonnes! Guess it depends on your frame of reference.

You could try checking your tire pressures.

• Seems odd that your sport line rides harsh as you say. Mine rides like our f80 3 series in comfort. Equally unlike the normal fk8 type r I can use plus r on the road no problem. I keep it in sport at all times though to be honest. Mines a road car same as my last fk2 type r and the sport line excels imo in this role, smaller wheels, more tyre, more sound deadening and a black interior. For me it's perfect. Although I think removing the rear wing makes all the other styling elements look more bonkers / ridiculous. They look much better in person than in pictures.

As said above check tire pressures. Mine came with 42 psi all round from its PDI at honda LOL

Love the megane trophy 300's very nearly ended up in one

Thinking if car prices come back down to earth at some point I may get one for the mrs

Love the megane trophy 300's very nearly ended up in one

Thinking if car prices come back down to earth at some point I may get one for the mrs. Then I can nick it :)

Back