• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Fk8 current values

Hi all just wondering what everyone is thinking of the current price increase on the fk8's (really all used cars)

I bought my 17 plate CW with 10k miles for 25k last November and now Honda are offering me 26. 5k to buy it back....

I suspect there are more than a few dealers/manufacturers considering chasing margin rather than volume in the future. They are the only winners in the current situation. These higher prices may be here to stay. What the consumer gains in their used car value they lose on the new purchase price, so unless they are giving up motoring or buying a shed it would appear to make little difference. Personally, I wouldn’t let it influence any future purchase or sale decisions. Annoyingly, it probably will mean waiting longer until what you want turns up though…

WBAC are offering £31,450 for my 2 year old car! Its gone up £1500 in the last month. I only paid 32K for the car when new.
Seems tempting, but what would you replace it with?

with no more new FK8s being built, and dealers adding a markup on the last remaining it's now a classic case of demand outstripping supply

I guess until more is known / heard about the next gen in terms of price, spec, performance and availability there will always be those with money sat burning a hole in their pocket wanting one. Even the indirect things like the cars going well in the BTCC , the US modification market and YouTube videos are boosting values for those looking to have something unique/custom.

have to admit, I'm almost tempted to chop mine in.....

I sold mine on Friday, cannot see the values holding much more to be honest. Loved every second of the car and works out I have had a free car for 8 months and Honda paid me to hand it back..

I know its tempting, but I need a 5 door hatch & this car is the best out there. I really don't know what I would replace it with & not be sorry!!

Mine is now worth more than I paid for it brand new, 2.5 years and 12k miles ago. Instant sale via We Buy Any Car.

Wasn't considering selling at all, but it really is tempting!

I just done an updated valuation for mine, £32,000 they've offered! I paid £27,500 last November. Thing is, I really like it and whatever I replace it with will probably depreciate way more then the Type R, so my £4000 profit may well ebb away in depreciation of whatever I replace it with anyway. Might be better to stick with the Civic and enjoy a bit of free motoring for a couple of years.

Paid 32 for mine last July, brand new 20 plate. Done 4k miles. WBAC offering me 34.5 but that’s not including the 5 year service pack and warranty, so I reckon I could get closer to 35. Starting to get itchy feet already and the fact they’ve gone up in value is tempting me even more...

I’ve come into this, the other way around. WBAC offered me more than I paid for my RS6, I put a chunk in the bank and bought a new CTR.

For the money I couldn’t see a more engaging car*, I still can’t and with production now ended, the choices are even less.

* I discounted the Yaris GR because I needed usable rear seats.

This afternoon, my dealership rang me offering 30k and told me that they would better WBAC as they were desperate to get their hands on them and they were getting calls everyday from potential buyers. Mine is four years old with 8k on the clock.

It's a weird world we are in at the moment as used prices are up everywhere (but for how long), some predict it to fall through the latter part of 2021 into 2022 and being one of those who advertised my car and it sold within 12hrs (not to make a profit but as I had planned to sell it within a year of moving) as I can now have a dedicated race car for track days as well as a road car I am now in the market but not silly and wont be overpaying for a car.

My issue is I have now viewed some on the shortlist (some very different to what I normally want and like), but this is to be a road car offering good internal space throughout, some of the modern day luxuries, power when needed, good driving position and feel/feedback etc.

FD2 (already had rust across the windscreen and it's only been here a few years)
FK2 (Driving position not as good as an FK8 and felt a little dated inside)
FK8 (Better all round in every aspect than an FK2 apart from looks imo)
M2 Comp (Very nice car, but expensive and BMW badge. Also I have to say off the mark it felt a little more laggy than I expected)
F-Type (Very nice car like the BMW but no back seats so ruled out)
Yaris GR (not driven but considered, but as above discounted as I need usable rear seats ideally)
GTR (still on the cards, having had a few GTR's in the past, just not sure the servicing and running costs of the R35 are worth it with the country going as it is)
Then the shock yesterday and I30N Performance.

I must say that the most impressive/shocking allrounder to me was actually the I30N Performance (based on package for the price). It's obviously a little slower than a lot in the list (I would say its on par with the FD2 in speed, grip and handling which some wont like me saying, they are very very underrated cars), but it's options as standard, looks and customisation of the settings for the engine and chassis make it a very well rounded car and it as all designed by Albert Berman the former head of BMW's M division (so that explains a lot).

I just think that buying now will be silly as the bubble will and has to burst at some point so I am considering a cheap runner until things settle again unless a realistically priced car comes up.

The M2c I sold last week dropped £900 this week .. possible bubble burst imminent.

The M2c I sold last week dropped £900 this week .. possible bubble burst imminent.

I saw you’d sold it, before the drop which is a good thing mate and I agree as people can put any price they like but that doesn’t make the car worth that, it’s worth what someone will spend on it. I’m in the market but not silly and won’t be paying someone 3-4K more than it’s actually worth as I’m in no rush and happy to wait:)

What’s next for you? Are you still on the DC2 forum at all?

Last edited:
Just picked up a stunner (well, put a deposit down as currently on holiday so can’t get to see it until next week) , white, FK8 GT, 70 plate, facelift model, 4720 miles on the clock £36,990. Yeah it’s still overpriced but been looking for a facelift GT for over 3 months but not willing to go over £40,000 for a Civic, so really happy to have found this. 1 owner from new, old ish chap apparently, just got to get to Preston on Monday once back off holiday.

I saw you’d sold it, before the drop which is a good thing mate and I agree as people can put any price they like but that doesn’t make the car worth that, it’s worth what someone will spend on it. I’m in the market but not silly and won’t be paying someone 3-4K more than it’s actually worth as I’m in no rush and happy to wait:)

What’s next for you? Are you still on the DC2 forum at all?

I’m staying German .. that’s all I’ll say :) (for now)

Back