• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Fk8 current values

I've booked a WBAC appointment for Thursday. What have I done?!

If it's in your head to do it then its the right thing to do imo, if it's even crossed your mind then you're doing the right thing.

I was hesitant to sell the DC5 for a year but I woke up one day and felt it was the right time, advertised it, 12hrs later it was gone. Since that day in April I have not one regretted selling it one bit.

You will know if it feels right when it comes to the crunch so to speak

I remember when I had to sell my DC5 because of having to cut down to 1 car, wife leaving work to be a house mum following having our 2nd child.
I knew it was the right thing to do so didn’t hesitate but I honestly missed that car for about the 6 years that followed. Even when I finally got another type R, the FN2, it wasn’t the same.
Its only been since I’ve got the FK8 I finally feel like I have something worthy of calling a replacement.
Of course the DC5 is still such a great car and it would be great to own one again if you don’t need to call it your daily.
Sounds as though you’ve got to scratch that itch as they say!

Yeah although it has only crossed my mind due to the increase in value, not because I'm not enjoying the car. Having second thoughts today, might need to head out to the Costa coffee round the corner, park it in my eyeline and have a proper ponder.

Yeah although it has only crossed my mind due to the increase in value, not because I'm not enjoying the car. Having second thoughts today, might need to head out to the Costa coffee round the corner, park it in my eyeline and have a proper ponder.

if nothing else it might be worth seeing (as I'd be interested) how close WBAC are willing to come to their actual offer price when they are stood in front of it. I've heard the perception is the phone app offer is rarely matched when they start nit picking.

if it was me and the phone app offer has tempted you enough to book the appointment, there's nothing wrong with you playing hardball saying I want that and not a penny less. I wonder how much they'll try and chop out for the "fast payout" fees too.

if nothing else it might be worth seeing (as I'd be interested) how close WBAC are willing to come to their actual offer price when they are stood in front of it. I've heard the perception is the phone app offer is rarely matched when they start nit picking.

if it was me and the phone app offer has tempted you enough to book the appointment, there's nothing wrong with you playing hardball saying I want that and not a penny less. I wonder how much they'll try and chop out for the "fast payout" fees too.

PS: my 20kms June 2018 car is up to £29, 845 now.

Well after a period of soul searching at Costa's followed by a spirited drive down some country roads, before picking my daughter up, I have decided I can't sell it. I've cancelled the WBAC appointment. It's too good for what I need it for and it's got aspects that are often missing from newer cars - character and fun. Plus it looks ridiculous :).

I took mine for a service this morning. I was approached afterwards by the service manager and a workshop technician who wanted first refusal when I sell. I was offered 30k part ex against another Honda. They have got a polished metal one on the forecourt on a 19 plate, with 36k on the clock for £30,995

I sold my old car back in May to WBAC and it was a positive experience. I will say however that my car was absolutely pristine and they still knocked the guts of £800 off due to a couple of very minor imperfections in the paint. They argued that on 50k plus cars the smallest blemish is picked up. Still, their price was over 2k more than anyone else could offer (Motorway, Vardy etc.)

Ours is going away to WBAC tonight .
Couldn't resist the £3100 profit we made in less than 5 months ownership .

For info , WBAC knocked £800 off quoted price.

And car was immaculate.

Hopefully pick one up n later years of things calm down .

If the car was immaculate then they wouldn't have knocked money off. My M140i was immaculate and they gave me what they quoted on the website.

They have guidelines to follow so they must have picked up quite a bit to knock that much off.

Half a dozen miniscule stone chips . Shown up because it's black and car was waxed loads
That's all it took

Decent result. I was on for £6500 profit in 10 months and I turned it down (paid £27,500 last November, the valuation I booked the appointment on was £34,000). I literally let my heart rule over my money-grabbing head! Also, my Integra DC5 plan might still be on the cards if some stars align.

Wasn't considering selling at all, but it really is tempting!
Ended up selling mine for about £2k more than I paid for it brand new.

Took it to We Buy Any Car - they knocked off £1k for stone chips on the front bumper and bonnet. Entering the same damage online beforehand only knocked off £650. Ended up selling to a local dealer for slightly more.

It's been an epic car and I'm sad to see it go. However, it's a second car, road trips won't be happening for a few months, and most track days are booked out so the timing felt right.

Mine is going tomorrow. If anyone is after 2 unmarked OEM 20"'s with Continental Tyres for pothole/puncture/kerbing insurance let me know. Also have a set of OEM FK8 Winter Wheels with Continental Winter Contact Rubber as well. Please PM me. I'll stick 'em on the bay in a couple of weeks if there's no interest, happy to offer first dibs here.

Mine is going tomorrow. If anyone is after 2 unmarked OEM 20"'s with Continental Tyres for pothole/puncture/kerbing insurance let me know. Also have a set of OEM FK8 Winter Wheels with Continental Winter Contact Rubber as well. Please PM me. I'll stick 'em on the bay in a couple of weeks if there's no interest, happy to offer first dibs here.

and just like that it's gone. never again will I suspect I'll get paid money just to own and drive a modern car around for 20,000 miles over 3 years and be quids in.

I feel a little empty, but heck the wedge in the bank balance and the non-FK8 friendly winter salt and pot holes fast approaching makes me think I've done the right thing. I'm just not driving the car while I continue to primarily work from home and who knows what the used car market will look like next Spring.

and just like that it's gone. never again will I suspect I'll get paid money just to own and drive a modern car around for 20,000 miles over 3 years and be quids in.

I feel a little empty, but heck the wedge in the bank balance and the non-FK8 friendly winter salt and pot holes fast approaching makes me think I've done the right thing. I'm just not driving the car while I continue to primarily work from home and who knows what the used car market will look like next Spring.

In a similar situation to you, I live 1 mile walk from work and am working from home anyway still so have held off buying a car since April when I sold mine. I am looking for a cheap daily hack as a temp car until I know what the market will do in the late stages of 2021 into the early stages of 2022 and will go from there

I had a few cars I wanted but seeing the prices makes me feel the purchase will be a bad one until things get back to normal (or normal ish at least)

Well, I just thought life is a little short and went and got another, ok, prices are inflated but I got mine at a half decent price, and no one has a crystal ball that shows when or even if prices will drop down to old prices. Gets delivered this week, looking forward to Sunday morning country road blasts.

I made the decision when I found out there weren't many left that it was going to be a keeper. I had 1 of only 4 remaining Rallye Red cars and being one of the last UK built Type R's it feels special to me.

Have to say I didn't like red (when seeing pics of them) but in the flesh I think it's one of the better and nicer looking colours

Back