• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Fk8 current values

Have to say I didn't like red (when seeing pics of them) but in the flesh I think it's one of the better and nicer looking colours

I had a red one before my PMM, both amazing colours, red a bit more in your face, people stare and point more.

I know I shouldn't keep looking but I received an updated WBAC quote for my now sold FK8, the price has softened (reduced by 3k in value) - I wonder if this in part due to the new CTR being formally announced, or maybe the fuel crisis has a slight trend away from ICE cars in favour of EVs?

Ours has edged up on Motorway, now at £30.5k for a 2018 model which is the highest it has been. May look to sell early next year so keeping one eye on the market.

I know I shouldn't keep looking but I received an updated WBAC quote for my now sold FK8, the price has softened (reduced by 3k in value) - I wonder if this in part due to the new CTR being formally announced, or maybe the fuel crisis has a slight trend away from ICE cars in favour of EVs?

It’s down to how many are currently for sale and that people aren’t buying them at the inflated prices ..

It’s down to how many are currently for sale and that people aren’t buying them at the inflated prices ..

Exactly this, I cant see many people thinking paying 40K+ for a Civic Type R is value no matter what edition it is, let alone circa 28-35K for a 17 plate on low miles or an 18 plate on anything up to 30k miles etc.

Some makes and models I have been watching are slowly starting to lower in price now as the market has not moved and cars have not been selling (for the reason you mention, people aren’t buying them at the inflated prices) I am one of those people and will hold onto my cash until the price is right.

Decent result. I was on for £6500 profit in 10 months and I turned it down (paid £27,500 last November, the valuation I booked the appointment on was £34,000). I literally let my heart rule over my money-grabbing head! Also, my Integra DC5 plan might still be on the cards if some stars align.

:)

Hello lads, this is my first post on the forum.

I'm returning to type r's in the next few days - been maybe 3 years since I had my second fn2.

The wife's crv is making way for an fk8 and I hadn't looked at the market until last weekend. Prices are pretty steep but they remain much of a muchness with other hot hatches we were looking at.

Here in the central belt of Scotland theres 3 or 4 fk8's in dealership's and the pricing is super consistent across them all - between £29k and £32k depending on year and mileage.

I've been to test one and contacted a couple other places asking about wiggle room on prices and I've been shut down, lol.

The salesman at Redgate Lodge in particular didn't waste any words with me telling me there was absolutely no negotiating to be had on stock prices.

I'd wait if is was you. The reason for no negotiation is they have paid over the odds for the stock. And they ain't selling now. Nothings moved for weeks for what I can see. Plus Xmas is coming. The demand and funds have dried up. Plus new type r is on the horizon. Although not sure we will seen any in the UK till esrly 2023.

Hello lads, this is my first post on the forum.

I'm returning to type r's in the next few days - been maybe 3 years since I had my second fn2.

The wife's crv is making way for an fk8 and I hadn't looked at the market until last weekend. Prices are pretty steep but they remain much of a muchness with other hot hatches we were looking at.

Here in the central belt of Scotland theres 3 or 4 fk8's in dealership's and the pricing is super consistent across them all - between £29k and £32k depending on year and mileage.

I've been to test one and contacted a couple other places asking about wiggle room on prices and I've been shut down, lol.

The salesman at Redgate Lodge in particular didn't waste any words with me telling me there was absolutely no negotiating to be had on stock prices.

As has been said by adymi16, I have been in the market for a few cars since April but am not willing to overpay for one (especially an FK8) as their prices are silly now. Literally less than a handful have moved/sold in the past month and I am watching the market and many examples daily, wont be long until the prices drop further (they have already started too) and I will be more than happy to start buying my next few cars once the prices for them are right.

Do what I am doing and wait it out as it will be worth it, the last thing you want is to buy one now and in a month or two see they are 5K less in value.

A couple I was interested in id offer me some money off but for the increase it was pennies in comparison so I said I will just wait, they kept trying to hard sell it but I am a cash buyer and not throwing my money away buying from them just because they overpaid for something.

my old one is here; https://www.johnbanks.co.uk/used-ve...k-white-manual-petrol/id-4053596117798374232/

has the 5 year servicing pack with 2 more to go, and I had paid for the honda extended warranty for 3 years just a few months before I sold it (Doh!). but IIRC it's possible for me to agree to have it transferred over the new owner. has XPEL PPF and Gtechniq Crystal Serum Ultra Ceramic Coating to car, calipers and face of the wheels.

I'm not trying to sell it but would be good to see it go to another enthusiast and was a cherished well looked after car.

reminds me I need to put the 2 x spare OEM 20 wheels and OEM Winters up for sale if anyone is interested.

Good advice guys but I'm afraid there's not much chance of waiting happening.

Our four year old car is being rushed through the gears of war this week to be sound as a pound for its imminent trade in!

We've had the car 4 years and it's all paid off. The last few months it's been kinda one issue after another with it and just had enough of it all to be honest.

I'll probably go and test one or two more cars but feel good about the one I tested at the weekend and it seems to be well priced in the current market at least.

Have cars really not been moving?
I confess I haven't been monitoring the market until just last week so I'm a bit behind. I was actually getting worried that a £30k car might go up between now and next Spring.

Good advice guys but I'm afraid there's not much chance of waiting happening.

Our four year old car is being rushed through the gears of war this week to be sound as a pound for its imminent trade in!

We've had the car 4 years and it's all paid off. The last few months it's been kinda one issue after another with it and just had enough of it all to be honest.

I'll probably go and test one or two more cars but feel good about the one I tested at the weekend and it seems to be well priced in the current market at least.

Have cars really not been moving?
I confess I haven't been monitoring the market until just last week so I'm a bit behind. I was actually getting worried that a £30k car might go up between now and next Spring.

Nope most of the FK8's and I30N's (which are my two fav choices as an everyday car) that I have been watching have either remained on sale and not moved or dropped in price over the past few weeks slightly. The drop on the I30N in the last month has been nearly 2k so I am waiting a little longer. The FK8 dropped 1K this week but I am still not hsappy paying the price they want for it. I guess I am in a good place not needing a car and so not having to buy in a time they are clearly overpriced :-(

I have been watching them like a hawk daily since the end of April :)

Nope most of the FK8's and I30N's (which are my two fav choices as an everyday car) that I have been watching have either remained on sale and not moved or dropped in price over the past few weeks slightly. The drop on the I30N in the last month has been nearly 2k so I am waiting a little longer. The FK8 dropped 1K this week but I am still not hsappy paying the price they want for it. I guess I am in a good place not needing a car and so not having to buy in a time they are clearly overpriced :-(

I have been watching them like a hawk daily since the end of April :)

I don't suppose you know how long the 2018 at motorpoint in Glasgow has been on the market for?

33k for that 2018 car is insane. The only way that could be a viable purchase is if the new 2022 type r is a total turd (my moneys on it being excellent) and the used markets staying as strong as it is now.

That's a 25 to 26k car imo.

Don't get me wrong strong used values are great, I bought a new 21 plate one in june and I'd love prices to stay so high (free motoring).

But I can't see them holding money at the current inflated values especially 3+ year old cars.

Last edited:
33k for that 2018 car is insane. The only way that could be a viable purchase is if the new 2022 type r is a total turd (my moneys on it being excellent) and the used markets staying as strong as it is now.

That's a 25 to 26k car imo.

Don't get me wrong strong used values are great, I bought a new 21 plate one in june and I'd love prices to stay so high (free motoring).

But I can't see them holding money at the current inflated values especially 3+ year old cars.

Even in the current market £33k is over priced, by maybe £2k-£3k.

I'd say with the new type r coming maybe as far away as 2023 there's a reasonable chance of it at least looking a lot more civilised (boring) even though I've no doubt it'll be an absolute hoot to drive.

If thats the case the fk8 will perhaps be looked upon even more favourably and I can't see that exactly hurting residuals.

I hope not anyway, lol.

I agree if it turns out the new one is too diluted in terms looks and or performance., there's a chance the fk8 may become the best petrol powered hot hatch ever (this will help values) . But having had an fk2 type r and now an Fk8 I really think they are gonna do something pretty special with the last ever petrol powerd type R. Time will tell. If you must buy now I think best chance to minimise the risk is getting a good deal on a face-lift car.

Interestingly I feel the boost blue cars might be the only ones that hold fast on value. It seems (I don't have the facts) like hardly any where made due to covid and the chip shortage, along with some dealers not even knowing it was a colour!

I'd call every dealer who has a car you fancy and tell them you have your debit card in hand and will buy as soon as they can sell it for (insert price) that works for you.

Last edited:
Just to add to the comments, 6 weeks ago I purchased a 2020 , 70 plate, face lift with 4800 miles on the clock, 11 months old, 1 owner with a 5 year service plan thrown in for £37,000. Yes it’s over priced, but not like it’s massively overpriced. I have seen 2018 pre facelifts with 12,500 miles on the clock going for more cash! They are out there if you are prepared to wait, I scoured Auto Trader 3 times a day, every day for 3-4 months before that one landed, then had to travel from Nottingham to Preston to see, test drive and purchase.

Back