• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 FK8 Rear Brake Pad Wear

So I just had my 4th service and my dealer says one of my inner rear brake pads is down to 3 mm. I know the FK8 wears the rear pads out fairly quickly but how long roughly will I have until they need to be replaced? I do low miles. My car has done 18k since April 18, last year I did 3800 miles.

Depends on how you drive. Mine used to last 8k miles. I had a new set every oil change. I've heard of others getting 20k miles out of them. Personally as they are so cheap , I'd have just had the dealer do it while it was in being serviced as they are bog standard civic pads. Or its an hr job max on your driveway start to finish.

Think I changed mine at second service so around 8k, mine were toast. Since then I turn the traction control off when on it and the upgraded pads I fitted are still looking good at 19k mileage.

Thanks for the info! I’m not sure if I’m going to get the OEM rear pads or another brand, I’d like less dust if possible but still good road performance, I don’t use my car on track.

These look like they could be a good option but I wonder if there’s no point going for anything other than the OEM pads on the rear?

How many miles are are most of you getting out of front pads and discs? I think it’s more worth while upgrading the fronts but I’m not due to do these yet.

Back