• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 FK8 values

Just wondered the cheapest an FK8 has changed hands for? Casual observation of ads in Autotrader and Pistonheads looks like values are holding up fairly well, propped up in part by the strong prices of the previous FK2 model.

I paid £29k for a five month old demonstrator in December 17, I reckon it’s still worth £26-£27.5k now, which is less of a loss than say, a BMW 140i, Golf R and due to its failing engines, the Focus RS.

Incidentally, I have no intention of the selling mine in the foreseeable... the car still thrills like it did when I picked it up and fitting 18” wheels has just bought about a whole load of new fun.
I may look at another ex-demo car at the end of 2019...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

£27.5k is main dealer money for an early 17 plate FK8. £30,995 will get a Dec 2018 FK8 GT with 10 miles on the clock. Both prices on the Honda approved cars web site. Or a brand new red GT FK8 for £30,795 from a broker.

The best trade price I could get for my September 2017 FK8 GT with 5k miles was £26k - that was 3 weeks ago.

An M140i will lose far more based on the full price, but it's pretty easy to get ~ £9k discount which brings the numbers closer.

£27.5k is main dealer money for an early 17 plate FK8. £30,995 will get a Dec 2018 FK8 GT with 10 miles on the clock. Both prices on the Honda approved cars web site. Or a brand new red GT FK8 for £30,795 from a broker.

The best trade price I could get for my September 2017 FK8 GT with 5k miles was £26k - that was 3 weeks ago.

An M140i will lose far more based on the full price, but it's pretty easy to get ~ £9k discount which brings the numbers closer.

Interesting stuff. But I'm sure these figures for new Type R's are going to **** off a few people. A lot will have paid close to list. When I first approached my local dealer in Norwich, the best I was offered was free paint and the service package. It wasn't until I went on CarWow that I found a signicant discount.

I got 27.5k for mine when I sold it back to a dealer (no part ex) in early August.

The car was a 2018 blue GT ex demo with 3500miles.

It was a replacement car for the white 17 plate I had and subsequently rejected which I paid £29k for on 24 Nov 17 - Reg on that heap of turd was RF17WZC if anyone has the misfortune of owning it.

So a loss of approx 1.5k in nearly a year. The misery of having to deal with Honda/U.K. whilst rejecting the above I’d not wish on my worst enemy.

Interesting stuff. But I'm sure these figures for new Type R's are going to **** off a few people. A lot will have paid close to list. When I first approached my local dealer in Norwich, the best I was offered was free paint and the service package. It wasn't until I went on CarWow that I found a signicant discount.

I paid list, but did manage to get a free coffee. Discounts available today don't bother me though at all though. Think of those Americans some paying 5k over list price!!

I paid list, but did manage to get a free coffee. Discounts available today don't bother me though at all though. Think of those Americans some paying 5k over list price!!

5k? That was a bargain and the beginning!

Check this document they have:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bB5IIWdqYHwXejxKvm-gqh8mgZ4sMDnwUwz9whUmzQI/edit#gid=0

Lots of people in the US thought the car was a very limited production thing and got themselves into a huge mess

I got free 5 year service, and Diamondbrite :lol:

Just paid 30k for a July 2018 demo with 1000 miles on the clock, 5yr service + 5yrs warranty. best deal I could find in the colour we wanted. I think resale on these is strong, the market will never be flooded by cars on cheap finance so its only people who really want a CTR that take the plunge which puts a lid on supply.

Supply is limited because new demand was never very high judging by the number of cars sold in the UK (and there are a lot of unsold 68 plate cars on the Honda web site). Whether that was down to very expensive PCP terms compared to rivals, or due to negative reaction to styling remains to be seen. At the moment they are still highly regarded in the media so I think values will stay firm. In the longer term new Merc AMG 35/45 and VW/Audi R/S3 models will probably hit values.

Just my guess - buy what you like and enjoy.

Reading civicx.com they've sold on average 350 or something a month in the USA since launch over there which sounds good (granted country is massive), but the type r over there is like the holy grail after not having one officially and there is a big following.

I believe the looks over here are way too much for 9 out of 10 people, which is why Honda have thought about the smaller spoiler etc. Happy it's rare but this acquired taste also means they will slash prices to get them off the forecourt if they don't budge and as I've lost 5-6k in just over a year let's hope it settles at this price point for a bit....!!

Supply is limited because new demand was never very high judging by the number of cars sold in the UK (and there are a lot of unsold 68 plate cars on the Honda web site). Whether that was down to very expensive PCP terms compared to rivals, or due to negative reaction to styling remains to be seen. At the moment they are still highly regarded in the media so I think values will stay firm. In the longer term new Merc AMG 35/45 and VW/Audi R/S3 models will probably hit values.

Just my guess - buy what you like and enjoy.

PCP is one of the better ones at 300 a month

Yeah, I paid the deposit!!

Go on then, what's the golf r or s3 deposit from last time you looked?

Go on then, what deposit did you pay for £300 pcm on a PCP for a Type R :)

£2k deposit and £299 would "buy" an M140i over 4 years, or best deal £325 for £0 deposit. S3 and Golf R deals are a bit limited due to WLTP delays but were similar although not quite as good due to lower finance contributions a few months ago. Last time I looked Honda UK contributed £0.

Of course if you buy cash the picture changes due to residuals, but most people only care about the monthly costs and will hand back or change early and end up in negative equity.

Go on then, what deposit did you pay for £300 pcm on a PCP for a Type R :)

£2k deposit and £299 would "buy" an M140i over 4 years, or best deal £325 for £0 deposit. S3 and Golf R deals are a bit limited due to WLTP delays but were similar although not quite as good due to lower finance contributions a few months ago. Last time I looked Honda UK contributed £0.

Of course if you buy cash the picture changes due to residuals, but most people only care about the monthly costs and will hand back or change early and end up in negative equity.

Just looked at the Honda UK web site:

A 36 month PCP with a £8.676 deposit would cost £339 PCM.

I guess most people just look at the monthly cost and don't have that deposit, or alternatively spend that cash on a decent used car that they own (warts & all).

jeeees I am genuinely shocked at those BMW figures!!

I did put 10K down but I had that from the sale of the RS so then I was happy with the £300 a month. I had blinkers on though for sure and didn't fancy the BMW or golf or S3

I retract my comment then.....PCP deals are not as good!!

hmmm be interested to hear the story on that one, clearly didn't bond with it and shopped it in for something else!

Like the subtle sticker on the spoiler plates...

what sort of things were wrong with yours then raft?

There are lemons for sure, but then again what manufacturer doesn't. Touch wood I have a good'un.

Back