• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 FK8 vs Cayman GTS on the ring

One of the best track videos of an FK8 I’ve seen in a while. Had a scroll through the comments and this FK8 is stock other than lightweight wheels and Pilot Sport Cup2’s

One of the best track videos of an FK8 I’ve seen in a while. Had a scroll through the comments and this FK8 is stock other than lightweight wheels and Pilot Sport Cup2’s

Apart from his driving etiquette (at the start for sure), its not a race event or day so it's no wonder people have so many accidents there nowadays from in the past with driving like that...

Yes I did think some of his squeezing by people was a bit naughty but chose to overlook this and enjoy the fact he managed to stay with the Porsche. Forget exactly where but I’m sure the Porsche did a proper 4 wheel twitch like it was about to swap ends when it was braking into one of the bends. Looked like they were pushing it

Yes I did think some of his squeezing by people was a bit naughty but chose to overlook this and enjoy the fact he managed to stay with the Porsche. Forget exactly where but I’m sure the Porsche did a proper 4 wheel twitch like it was about to swap ends when it was braking into one of the bends. Looked like they were pushing it

Porsche driver could be new to the car also but he was pushing the FK pretty hard tbh and near it’s limit for sure

Not sure it would have been close if the Porsche was in the rights hands however

I have driven over 500 laps at The Ring, in cars ranging from Clio Cup, Elise, Exige, 2-11 and 997rs.
The one thing I learnt on this track over and above any other circuit regardless of car type and model;

Experienced Driver = Fast Driver

My fastest laps were the ones in the cars I could afford to right off, which is worth keeping in mind when you are chasing Ferraris etc, I was giving 90% they were most likely 50%.

Taking my 12yo next year, who loves the place but won’t be going full out like that chap, both drove well to be fair.

I have driven over 500 laps at The Ring, in cars ranging from Clio Cup, Elise, Exige, 2-11 and 997rs.
The one thing I learnt on this track over and above any other circuit regardless of car type and model;

Experienced Driver = Fast Driver

My fastest laps were the ones in the cars I could afford to right off, which is worth keeping in mind when you are chasing Ferraris etc, I was giving 90% they were most likely 50%.

Taking my 12yo next year, who loves the place but won’t be going full out like that chap, both drove well to be fair.

Exactly this, brands is my local (literally 20 mins away) and I’ve been driving the indi and gp tracks since 1998 and am the same), my fastest laps are in the cars I can afford to risk and as I have to drive them too and from I normally only push the car 70% for safety reasons to ensure I and it get home without issue.

I don’t think this is an FK8 vs Video its
More an FK8 just driving hard trying to race a car we don’t know is even experienced or knowledgable of the circuit.

This as you say could be one of many many laps the FK8’s done and say the 1st or 10th the Porsche drivers done.

I personally am not a fan of any video on a track where they say it’s a race, it’s not unless both parties are confirming such and a part of it tbh

Seat time and experience = fast laps in any car

Back