• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Flashing Battery dash light on start up

Hi all,

I noticed today that when I started up the car the battery light on the dashboard flashed a few times and then stayed off. Is this anything to worry about?

Gremlins dude. Nothing worse.

Could well be connected to your other problems. I'd firstly try a new battery and check the alternator, an inconsistent power supply can create some bizarre symptoms. After that, you're going to have a few hours with multimeter, and that's way beyond my experience and expertise.

Water is kryptonite to electrical components. Has the car been unusually wet recently? Can you see any signs of moisture or corrosion near electrical components? If you can get access to a garage and a dehumidifier it's worth a shot.

I started up the car today and everything was fine, no flashing at all. Maybe it was because i had the heaters on, radio on, mirror heater and lights and the battery just flipped out for the moment as the starter motor came to life.

Fingers crossed it should be fine. Now if you head over to the brakes section you will see my next problem :).

Back