• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

flat battery & hid kit

i recently fitted a 35w 6000k hid kit & today i was sat in my car waiting for the other half & i forgot i had left my lights on & radio & it was only 10 to 15 mins i went to start the car & it was flat could this be that the hid had drained it? i managed to get a jump start & it went first go & has been fine the rest of today

Do you know if the battery has been replaced before?

Recent weather and battery age will have implications to it's charging life. It may be time to get another battery.

Well unless you have a few amps and a brace of subs and high end speakers your not telling us about 10-15 mins with the lights on shouldn't have drained the battery if it was ok. Dont forget hids draw about 1/2 - 1/3 the current that normal halogen bulbs do due to the way they work so it would have been less likely than with standard bulbs.

As has been said the cold weather combined with an older battery might have seen it off. Mine was showing signs of age over the past week or so (much slower turning over first thing in the morning and a strange stutter ocassionally which I had put down to the cold until i changed the battery). Plus the battery honda uses is not exactly the best in the world. In fact i have heard a few stories this week of them failing after only a few weeks with the latest supply.

My advice is pop down to a local freindly garage and get them to test the battery ideally with a heavy load discharge tester(preferably after finding somewhere close by that has the battery in stock just in case). If you go to halfords you will need a HB053 (not the 057 as they will tell you as the terminals are the wrong way round on that) or if you go for a varta battery (my recomendation as they are owned by Bosch and their batteries are hard as nails) then you will need a short code B32 battery. Anyone elses battery i think it is a code 048 battery. Hope that helps.

[/QUOTE] If you go for a varta battery (my recomendation as they are owned by Bosch and their batteries are hard as nails) then you will need a short code B32 battery. Anyone elses battery i think it is a code 048 battery. Hope that helps.[/QUOTE]

Just out of interest how much did you pay for the Varta Battery. Secondly, is it the same as this one shown here?

http://www.carbatteryshop.co.uk/i-T...ort-Code-B32-Varta-DIN-545-156-033-I3205.html

I think mines on the way out. Had to recharge the battery after the car was stuck in the snow for a few days.

Yeah thats the one. I paid slightly less than that but then i did get it at trade price (one advantage of having family in the trade). Is certainly much better on the cold mornings now.

Back