• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FN2 2008 Door Sills

Does anyone know where/if its possible to get replacement door sills for my 2008 FN2 CTR? They currently look a bit faded, although I will attempt some metal polish on them first before buying new ones. Ive tried Honda, but they told me they only had the illuminated ones for 2009 models onwards. Honda seemed confused with the door sills I was describing (they simply say 'Type R' on them)? :confused::confused::confused:

http://www.lingshondaparts.com/hond...ck_01=17SMR701&block_02=B__3600&block_03=9966

B__3600.jpg

Parts numbered 5 and 7 on the diagram. £105.06 each side.
L/H Honda part number: 84252-SMT-E00ZA
R/H Honda part number: 84202-SMT-E00ZA

:smt023

There is a film on them that holds all the dirt, remove them, remove the film and re-polish with some metal cleaner.

Mine came up a treat.

Thanks guys. I also noticed that film which was holding the dirt, so I will attempt the metal polish before buying new ones!

Mines got the film on with a little bit of the corners looking crappy. I pulled a bit off, got scared and stuck it back. How you get get them off and what do you clean it with? Also do they look any different when polished? I wouldn't want a chrome finish or anything.

I added a Type R sticker as well on mine to brighten it up too.

IMAG0086_zpsa3ebb196.jpg

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Is the type r writing on them already on the film or the metal? Does it come off with the metal polish etc? Also what metal polish?

ps yours finished look nice. ;-)

Yeah the writing is engraved I think onto the metal so doesn't come off.

I just used Meguiars metal cleaner, it's just to bring up the shine once you remove the sticky residue from when you remove the film.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Back