• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 FN2 bouncing and bobbing at the front after coil/o and FRS

Evening,

My car now has replacement polly bushes all around, BC racing coil overs, and had the FRS geometry done by Grinspeed. Also has the M Factory LSD.

It's got lots of grip and great balance, but at the moment the front bounces around a lot, which detracts from the rest of the cars talents, makes the car quite uncomfortable on longer journeys on m/way, and feel unstable in some situation and less predictable. On bumpy country roads, it does not inspire much confidence and under heavy breaking and unsettle the car.

It's better with harder damper settings, but then the ride is rock hard and it still doesn't get rid of it, just reduce. Plus the spring rates still have the car bouncing around, but now with a un-relenting level of damping.

The car also still rolls and dives more than I would expect for a lowered car, but at some point I'll be getting white line ATRB to improve on that. If I could choose again, I'd probably go with something other than BC and maybe one day, they'll get replaced.

For now though, need to try and fix what I have.

I've read that part of the bobbing at the front is down to the engine bouncing around just on top of the front wheels, I've also had the oil pump balance shafts deleted with the FD2 conversion, which I think makes the engine vibrate more as well, not sure if that contributes?

Anyone else experience the car bobbing at the front?

Would fitting the Polly bush engine inserts improve this?

https://www.tegiwaimports.com/polybush-honda-civic-type-r-fn2-engine-insert-kit.html

I had BC coilovers on my old Evo 5. The front end on it bounced around a fair bit too. I think it's just the fact that the BC coilovers are crap.

Back