• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

fn2 type r dead key

hi guys

my wifes 2009 civic type r has one working key and one that doeant work,its been sat in a drawer for 2 years so guessing its a dead battery. can i just replace the battery and it will work or will it need re-coding?

also whilst im doing it i would like to change the battery in the working fob for good measure,is there a procedure for this or is it a simple swap?
what type of battery please?

many thanks
matt

battery is a CR1616, I have used Energizer in all my 8G keys.
the key is easy to open, just a tiny screw and then it unclips into 2 parts.
if i recall the battery just lifts out, make sure the new one goes in the right way up and then reassemble.
need to change it quite quickly or the code may be lost but with new one in should work straightaway

battery is a CR1616, I have used Energizer in all my 8G keys.
the key is easy to open, just a tiny screw and then it unclips into 2 parts.
if i recall the battery just lifts out, make sure the new one goes in the right way up and then reassemble.
need to change it quite quickly or the code may be lost but with new one in should work straightaway
cheers buddy, so even though her battery is dead it still holds the code and only removing the battery will remove the code if not replaced quickly

Back