• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Front suspension struts

Hi all,

My car has hit over the 130k mark and I think the front struts are eventually dying. I get a loud clunk from the strut when I turn left and right.

I don't want over priced coilovers, just some oem ones would do just fine. I've been looking at Meyle and Bilston ones. Can anyone recommend any that I can use to swap the old ones out with? The car has 30mm apex springs on it also.

Thanks

Speak to Hendy or Cox motor parts, both traders on the forum.

Hello mate, I've just done the same, Genuine Honda ones from Cox's, not badly priced. Car feels fantastic coupled with ABP Eibachs!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello mate, I've just done the same, Genuine Honda ones from Cox's, not badly priced. Car feels fantastic coupled with ABP Eibachs!

Hi L, how much was a full set if you don't mind me asking? I'm approaching 100k and looking to refresh a few parts if my budget allows. Cheers

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Yea they are well priced, I think I'll get some at the end of the month as well as some genuine strut hats from Tegiwa. It will be a bit of a big buy but the left to right slow speed clunk from the front just drives me insane! :)

I'm good mate, thanks for that.

I can get a full set (front & rear) for a similar price - £327.57 Sachs or £289.46 Bilstein **. From what I can see both are OE replacements and should be as good as the originals, any suggestions appreciated.

I'm good mate, thanks for that.

I can get a full set (front & rear) for a similar price - £327.57 Sachs or £289.46 Bilstein **. From what I can see both are OE replacements and should be as good as the originals, any suggestions appreciated.

I had Sachs on mine, I followed what people said that Sachs are OE quality, bought some and they lasted 10months....
Few others said the same.

I bought OE in confidence after my issues above.

Think I'll leave the Sachs alone then. Thanks for the advice.

I replaced my original shocks with bilstein ** units last year, picked up all 4 for 170 on eBay. Perfect fit and felt similar to the the original dampers. Been on the car almost a year and no issues. I'm using the original springs, changed top mounts and bearing at the same time as the shocks

Yes it's always a case of the OEM parts have lasted many many years, usually best to replace with the same rather than buying twice.

May sound dumb been reading the thread I'm doing the same bit do the rear have top mounts aswell?

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Yes the rears do have top mounts. What shocks are you going with?

Is that supposed to be B-4? I am thinking of going the same if so. Fair price and Bilstein are good quality.

Back