• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Fuel economy/miles to a tank...?

369 when fuel light came on. Most boring tank of fuel I've had, but was curious to what I could get.

Anyone know how far you can go on the fuel light?

I'm going to try a bit of a challenge on my way to the 'ring next month. I'll brim it with V-power nitro here in Nottingham, then see how many miles I can get on the motorway @ 60mph on the way down to Dover!

I am pretty much consistently getting 250 miles per tank with some town driving, some vtecing and some bypass xxmph driving. Could probably drive it more economically but where's the fun in that! I love thrashing her to bits lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mod edit: please don't post about exceeding the speed limit on public roads.

Just did 306 with 50 being on a motorway I usually bottle ot when the light comes on at about 220-235 miles so about 26mpg after its been mapped.

Anyone know how far you can go on the fuel light?

I read that there is supposed to be 1.7 gallons left when the light comes on, so assuming that it gets you to go easy, then in theory 45 miles should be possible.

I don't think that I've risked more than 15/20 once the light is on.

Using the Torque app for Andriod, I've managed a life time average of 38.7mpg. Its recently gone up 0.1mpg as I did a full service. My driving is 75% 60 and 70mph roads.

There is no red light. The orange light means you're sailing close to the wind. About 50 miles tickling it around if you are lucky.

I get around 300 miles to a tank most of the time, my general driving is on 60 mph country lanes to work with some town driving.
As you would expect i got significantly less when i did a few track days earlier in the year, but it was worth it :)

On average 250-270 miles to a tank, i fill her up when the light comes on. Driving long distances like holidays doing 60mph i get 350miles.

Haven't had mine long, only on second tank. I do short journeys to work 6 mile round trip, so let it idle to warm up a bit. So far I'm at 100 miles for half a tank, does that sound about right? I thrash it when ever it's hot enough to, but not a lot at all really. Fastest speed I get to is about 40 cruising...

My figures seem a lot lower than Everyone else's! But if it's normal that's fine. I'm not worried how much it uses really. My 2.0t a4 family wagon drinks more than its fair share as it is!

I agree my drive to work is only 3 miles and it consumes petrol like a V8! Warm engine and highway cruising at 60mph that's when i get the best fuel consumption.
Best i ever did with 4 persons and some luggage was 35MPG.

I agree my drive to work is only 3 miles and it consumes petrol like a V8! Warm engine and highway cruising at 60mph that's when i get the best fuel consumption.
Best i ever did with 4 persons and some luggage was 35MPG.

I reckon the V8 would still use more.

My figures seem a lot lower than Everyone else's! But if it's normal that's fine. I'm not worried how much it uses really. My 2.0t a4 family wagon drinks more than its fair share as it is!

You've only just got it, it's bound to be low whilst you still enjoy it over enthusiastically.

Back