• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Fuel economy/miles to a tank...?

400 miles a tank across Europe long distance drive. Average is 250. sometimes can be as low as 210. It's cheap as chips for the output of the car. The m6 on the other hand is doing 225 miles to a tank (and the tank is larger)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:lol:

400miles from a tank in a EP3..

Driving like a granny, kpro'd, motorway miles I would be exceedingly pleased with myself if I broke the 350miles a tank
Gotta agree, 300 to 350, maybe a bit more, driving kind of normal ish, mixed roads and speeds. Hope helps, sorry can't give better news. I'd say about 30 to the gallon, not really worked out spot on, cheers

You can get 400 with KPro and a light foot.

I'm happy to see over 200 in the Evo!

340 Mixed city highway.
unleaded 95 stock engine with aem intake and somewhat thicker mid pipe/ stock muffler

360 last tank, i usually get 340-350.
its my daily so most of the miles is to and from work.

unleaded 95 aem v2, midpipe is thicker then stock with stock rear muffler the rest is stock.

I did 220 miles last tank. Needless to say it was spirited tank of fuel.
Belting down the German highway in a rush to get home :lol:

Hi, I put 20 pounds of v-power nitro fuel every week in my ep3 which is 15.50litres at the price of 128.9 and mainly cover town driving stop start etc. It gives me roughly 25-26 mpg from this amount and the light comes on with 80 miles with a bit of vtec as well is this mpg about right? I also can't get any more than 40 litres in even with light on and from a complete full tank of fuel with mainly local town driving I am seeing 210 miles is this about right or is there something wrong..? Cheers

Managed 90 miles to a full tank at Cadwell Park, twice! :D

The Daily CTR generally see's around 200-250 miles but it's largely urban or short distance driving.

Have managed 400 miles before on a trip from Scotland to Oxford.

But normally get around 300 at the moment. A road driving with some motorway.

Tesco Momentum 99, K&N drop in filter, Mugen Twinloop Catback exhaust. :)

I've had two EP3 and they both have different economy. My first was a pre-facelift and I got around 320/tank (fill up when the light came on or very close to it, maybe just over 40L), my current is a premier edition, it gets maybe 270-280 or so before a similar fill-up. I'm still trying to work out why :)

Both were pretty similar otherwise, no mods other than JDM rear sway bar, both had standard exhaust and air-box. Only significant difference is the premier has air-con.

How anyone sees above 240 miles off the motorway ill never know. I managed 300 once on the motorway driving very very sensibly.

IMO:
180-200 is acceptable if hammering it everywhere
In general 200 - 240 I was always happy with

AS above though i have had two ep3's and both were different economy wise and the second one averaged about 20 miles less per tank generally

How anyone sees above 240 miles off the motorway ill never know. I managed 300 once on the motorway driving very very sensibly.

IMO:

AS above though i have had two ep3's and both were different economy wise and the second one averaged about 20 miles less per tank generally

Yeah that's about right for mine. Fuel gauge lies, 200 miles to half a tank on a motorway run, then lucky to see much more than 100 miles to the second half without driving any differently.

IMO:

Right now I have a third ep3 mapped on v-power, I thought I would add what I got from my first tank.

220 miles until I refueled, had been on petrol light for a bit.

worked out as 22.7 mpg

Which was a mix of commute and hammering the back roads / slip roads

Yeah that's about right for mine. Fuel gauge lies, 200 miles to half a tank on a motorway run, then lucky to see much more than 100 miles to the second half without driving any differently.

In all fairness that's because if you fill it to the top you're banging a lot of extra fuel in the filler neck. :lol: The gauge only sees what's in the tank..!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back