• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 Fuel pump recall

Received a letter today from Honda saying there is a safety recall for a fuel pump module defect on 2017-2019 civic, cr-v and hr-v’s. I’ll get it booked in Monday but it looks like the fuel pump will be replaced.

Had mine last week; would go so far as to say it's improved cranking times (seems to start up more cleanly) and perhaps even smoothness, which are some of the symptoms reported by those who've had complete failure in the US.

It's the in tank pump, so take it in with as low fuel as possible to prevent any splashing about into the interior etc

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

God damn, I dont have VIN Number handy, so had bookmarked that page, and was going to sort it tomorrow - assumed that was the one!

Had mine last week; would go so far as to say it's improved cranking times (seems to start up more cleanly) and perhaps even smoothness, which are some of the symptoms reported by those who've had complete failure in the US.

It's the in tank pump, so take it in with as low fuel as possible to prevent any splashing about into the interior etc

I’ll have to do a few miles. I filled mine up the day before. With now working from home it’s taking a month to crank through a tank. Ah well sounds like a few long evening drives are on the cards.

Checked mine a 67 plate .....There are currently no active recalls/updates on this vehicle

We got a call from the dealer yesterday. Booked in for 2nd November as it's the first date they can collect the car from home. Told to leave as little fuel as possible.

Picked up my brand new FK8 2 weeks ago - drove 2.5 miles and the fuel pump failed :(.

Not the best start to ownership experience but much better once it was sorted (Having got a new pump from Belgium).

Not sure why the dealer didn't do the safety recall before letting m drive off - maybe something I should take up with Honda UK.

That is a bit shoddy - may be worth a complaint Imo, as the dealers have know about the recall for a while now.

That's the first full failure I've heard of in the UK!

That is a bit shoddy - may be worth a complaint Imo, as the dealers have know about the recall for a while now.

That's the first full failure I've heard of in the UK!

Yeah - I've sent a complaint to Honda UK - will see what they have to say.

First I'd heard of this recall was when I was picked up after the repair.

Picked up my brand new FK8 2 weeks ago - drove 2.5 miles and the fuel pump failed :(.

Not the best start to ownership experience but much better once it was sorted (Having got a new pump from Belgium).

Not sure why the dealer didn't do the safety recall before letting m drive off - maybe something I should take up with Honda UK.

Hey mate welcome, ahhh I just saw that plate on PH. Wait, you literally drove home from the dealers and it failed? What happened did they take it straight back? Thats savage. Keep the faith though, worth it....

Hey mate welcome, ahhh I just saw that plate on PH. Wait, you literally drove home from the dealers and it failed? What happened did they take it straight back? Thats savage. Keep the faith though, worth it....

Didn't get home - got me to a very busy roundabout and stopped just as I was getting onto it.

Called the garage - they then called the AA and 2 hours later it was taken back to the garage.

A week later we tried again once the fuel pump was replaced.

Certainly not the start to ownership I was hoping for - the car is slowly making up for it :).

Rumblings from US FB are that the recall will expand to all cars eventually; I have seen a few posts from people with FP Failure that weren't in the recall VIN but failure was caused by the recall issue.

Rumblings from US FB are that the recall will expand to all cars eventually; I have seen a few posts from people with FP Failure that weren't in the recall VIN but failure was caused by the recall issue.

Indeed - the symptoms described in the recall coverage are exactly what I had - Wonder if cars standing idle (Covid non movement etc) for a few months have exacerbated the issue !

Interesting to see what Honda have to say - will update if I hear back from them - And maybe contact a journo if I don't :)

The main symptom that has been a precursor to failure based on US reports is long cranking times; I must say - Prior to the replacement on mine, (Even when I first got the car) I thought the battery was dodgy as it was taking so long to crank, even after charging the battery - It never presented a big problem though, so didn't bother me.

Now it's been replaced, Cranking is much faster and "More reliable" feeling.

Back