• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

fujitsubo RM-01A with stock cat problems

For those who have this exhaust can anyone help. We fitted mine thursday and have a couple of problems. Firstly (and the most annoying) for some reason where the pipe goes over the rear suspension arms it is fouling the anti roll bar. Not to the point when it is causing damage but gives a nasty vibration at tickover and at just over 2500rpm.

Secondly the B pipe hangs a little lower than i was expecting. It catches on speed bumps and getting in and out of the parking at my girlfriends house even though the car is standard height. We opened the bolt holes out as far as we felt safe (any more and the metal would be very thin) but it just seems that for some reason it needs to tuck up a little bit more. Did anyone have the same problem and did they use aftermarket rubber mounts or the standard ones?

Other than that it sounds fantastic but we have tried twice now to stop both problems by twisting it anti-clockwise a little and as soon as it warms up it shifts back.

Uprated exhaust mounts seem to solve the ARB knocking. I think Suits had the same issue with his RM01A IIRC.

J's racing do special exhaust mounts, with a metal triangle mount which obviously doesnt move/stretch etc. This could potentially raise the exhaust up as well.

http://www.tougedistribution.com/item--Js-Racing-Exhaust-Mount-Set--MKB-P3/

This includes the 2 backbox ones and the metal triangle one. (Pic doesn't show the metal one!)
Hi James do you stock these in the uk or do they need to be imported from Japan? How much are they delivered? I'll be fitting my RM-01A soon and im wondering if I should order these first as I have suits's old car so may come accross the same problem he had. Or should I just try it and check the fitment 1st?

Mine fitted fine, with a race header and also standard CAT, seems odd it only happens to some :eek:

Hi James do you stock these in the uk or do they need to be imported from Japan? How much are they delivered? I'll be fitting my RM-01A soon and im wondering if I should order these first as I have suits's old car so may come accross the same problem he had. Or should I just try it and check the fitment 1st?

Try the fitment first :)

These are sent from Japan, but always in stock and ship very fast! £53 shipped.

Yeah it does seem strange. Only thing i did wonder is if there was a slight change/ difference with the facelift (as i take it yours has always been on prefacelift cars Dotty)

Well if we can organise a small group buy on these i'll take a pair as well just as a precaution for fitting a RM01A to my pre-facelift.

Yeah it does seem strange. Only thing i did wonder is if there was a slight change/ difference with the facelift (as i take it yours has always been on prefacelift cars Dotty)

Mine went on fine on my facelift, no additional mounts required.

B-Pipe and Back Box hang perfectly.:cool:

I'm going to double check that carriage price, as I think it's incorrect.

It was ¥1,200 Yen too expensive.

If anyone wants these hangers, enter code jshangers at the checkout and it will discount that price for you!

James@Touge.

Back