• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

fujitsubo RM-01A with stock cat problems

Ok well just to update am rather embarrassed. after looking at a few pics of them fitted i noticed that out of 5 pics of the back box i found 4 had the mount fitted one way round (with the bolt on the band on the passenger side of the back box) and one had it on the other side. The one on the other side also happened to be someone who said they had a similar problem. So we swapped the mount round (so the bolt is back on the passenger side) and low and behold the pipe easily clears the ARB.

Ok well just to update am rather embarrassed. after looking at a few pics of them fitted i noticed that out of 5 pics of the back box i found 4 had the mount fitted one way round (with the bolt on the band on the passenger side of the back box) and one had it on the other side. The one on the other side also happened to be someone who said they had a similar problem. So we swapped the mount round (so the bolt is back on the passenger side) and low and behold the pipe easily clears the ARB.

Hmm... how do you mean? I don't understand... can you show me a picture? (I have the same issue with my RM-01A)

Edit: Ah, you mean the bolt on the mount... checked it and I have the f-ing mount on backwards... f-k me sideways! I bought J's Racing exhaust rubber 'things' for alot of money and the problem is that the mount is backwards... :/

Haha, I'm such a looser :D

Edit 2: Hmmm... wait a minute... your driver side is my passenger side... haha... I'm confused :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Pointman as you look from the back of the car the Bolt should be on the left hand side of the rear box. It has vastly improved the problem but not 100% cured it. The exhaust still catches on some speed bumps and very occasionally does knock still very lightly. Having said that it is the best made and best fitting aftermarket exhaust i have ever had. I love the noise from it and it looks fantastic.

Back