• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

[video=youtube;OnrLvN7AS_8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnrLvN7AS_8&t=207s[/video]

Good review, I still struggle to see the point of this car so early on, it's too soon after the Fk2 they should of waited to see what competitors bring to the market.
I'm still relatively new to the type R but comfort mode?,
I also don't like the bulky fat seats, I prefer the slim buckets in the Fk,
There's also something about the interior & trim, looks messy & cheap compared to the Fk
Faux carbon I don't understand either

The mesh, particularly at the back is just hideous. The Nurburgring car has it all covered over and looks much better.

Chris111 has posted some detailed pics over on civinfo from his visit to Geneva.
It looks good but full of faux carbon, I can't figure out the bonnet scoop either, is it for dispersing heat or feeding the intake, if its the later I can't see how it would work

Chris111 has posted some detailed pics over on civinfo from his visit to Geneva.
It looks good but full of faux carbon, I can't figure out the bonnet scoop either, is it for dispersing heat or feeding the intake, if its the later I can't see how it would work

The bonnet scoop was one of my first thoughts; why?! It immediately makes me think WRX and boxer engine

For the benefit of those on this forum:

The bonnet scoop was one of my first thoughts; why?! It immediately makes me think WRX and boxer engine

The bonnet scoop pulls air in to that aluminium channel on the underside, which directs it to holes in the top of the wing, these direct the air to the long black vents running down the wings in front of the doors--it's all part of the aero package and not anything to do with cooling or pulling in cold air for the engine.

Chris.

In Nurburgring record news.

VW are being clever vindictive *******s.

A new Ltd editon, Golf GTI is being built, called the TCR
It’s not road legal, suitable for track only (hello Nurburgring record) and is aimed at the TCR touring car championships.

golf_tcr_2017_front.jpg

The 2017 TCR focuses on aerodynamic tweaks, underneath its a FWD 2.0 Golf GTI boosted to 345bhp.

30 'production cars' will be built at a cost of £79,000.

To my point: Is it just me that reads this as VW flicking Honda the bird, and basically saying you ain't ever having that Nurburgring record. Douchebags.

Yeah, its not road legal, but it is a 'production car' and it'll most likely be the fastest FWD car. Stats will now read - Fastest Nurburgring time Golf GTI TCR. And we all know stats matter in top trumps. Details like road-legality be damned.

I think i'm just tired of hearing the statement 'why didn't you buy a Golf R'. Its faster/better/more practical.

We all know why.

very short ltd runs of these 'Golfs' frustrate me.

'Because I don't buy cars from manufacturers who falsify their emissions results for financial gains'

I think i'm just tired of hearing the statement 'why didn't you buy a Golf R'. Its faster/better/more practical.

We all know why.

very short ltd runs of these 'Golfs' frustrate me.

I get this quite a lot, my response is usually because it looks bland for the price of it, and of course it isn't Japanese :lol:

I love this sort of question. Anyone who asks why we didn't buy a golf clearly has no understanding of cars. Which tends to be the market Golfs are aimed at. The Golf R is a good car. It does lots of things well. But it isn't a great car and easily forgettable. Ask them if they will remember whatever MK golf R they are referring to will be talked about or remembered in 10 years. The FK2 will be remembered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back