• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

I really like it. I can see me getting one in a few years once the PCP/lease deals are handed back to dealers.
I am generally reluctant to buy preowned high performance cars. Thinking what kind of treatment they usually get. I try to buy new if I afford.
Am I missing something?

There was never any doubt it was going to be a superb car. It takes the best hot hatch on the market an improves on it. I like it but not as much as the FK2. There is so little between them that styling would sway it for me. And can't get past the fact the FK8 looks more like an Impreza than a Civic. I'll have a sit in one at Goodwood in a couple of weeks and see how I feel about it. I love my FK2 and it's going to have to be a big improvement to sway me to PX

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Except a different chassis, different engine map, different suspension settings, independent rear suspension etc. I could go on.

Sorry, i meant performance specifications (0-to 60 and top speed) that doesn't represent any improvement

Is the non type r version of this released in the U.K.?

I am 90% sure that I saw a Grey one yesterday, it was a last minute glance but I think it was the type r.. I was struggling to work out which Honda it was but I think it was the FK8

Whatever it was it looked very very nice.

Yeah I've seen many on the roads for months up here. Someone was washing one in my work car park for some reason too, black ok black looked nice. Heard people talking about it saying it was nice, though they had no clue what it was haha

Financial sense?
Perfectly right pre-owned is cheaper than new.
Not challenging your opinion. I'm trying to understand what are the factors to make a pre-owned performance car purchase a viable option. What makes others consider preowned ones?
Although preowned are cheaper after a lot of things can go wrong with these high performance cars given that most were "enjoyed"(abused). I'm speaking from my perspective. Lots of worn areas can't be diagnosed and can result later in a nasty failure. Perhaps I'm too suspicious, lack mechanical expertise. For the moment I prefer the peace of mind offered by a new car. Also keeping the car longer will attenuate the initial deprecation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Honda have a history of being mechanically robust and being honest you have to work the cars to get the best of them and that's what they are designed for.

Then again, I don't see the difference from someone owning a car from new and enjoying its performance and keeping it for many years, or someone buying the same model of car from someone similar after they've owned it for the first couple of years. At year "x" they've both had the same use regardless of who owned it first.

Inside Lane review.

[video=youtube_share;zcxMlQlrE1Y]https://youtu.be/zcxMlQlrE1Y[/video]

Back