• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

Think im going to reserve judgement until I have seen one in person.
I didn't like the rear of the FK2 when first released, but think its a great looking car now.
Not sure how I would feel about the new one until I have a nosey.

Always thought the ep3 aged very well but they are now looking very old in comparison

It's funny to watch the Americans review the car.
I think I'm right in saying this is the first Type R they've had and some of the things they talk about is just normal for everybody else that's had Type R's.
Also when the guy keeps comparing it to the Si, I lol'd.

It's good to see them getting the car though, hopefully some attitudes will change over there.

The Car throttle review sounds encouraging by the improvements over FK2 he talks about. I also get to increasingly like the FK8 Type R the more I look at it.
I'm only concerned about:
- steering's lack of feedback reported by some reviewers (Engineering explained + other american review)
- lack of engine sound esp when revving the engine seems above 3000 aprox (http://photobucket.com/gallery/user/aznreddragon0409/media/bWVkaWFJZDoyMDUyNTA0MTA=/?ref=). Looks like FK2 was more "vocal".
- replacing welding with adhesive to assemble the panels. I wonder how will it hold on a longer time span. I know that even composite materials that use resins/adhesive have this trade off of a shorter time span.

I would not mind getting this car at all though I'm considering other alternatives also.

The Car throttle review sounds encouraging by the improvements over FK2 he talks about. I also get to increasingly like the FK8 Type R the more I look at it.
I'm only concerned about:
- steering's lack of feedback reported by some reviewers (Engineering explained + other american review)
- lack of engine sound esp when revving the engine seems above 3000 aprox (http://photobucket.com/gallery/user/aznreddragon0409/media/bWVkaWFJZDoyMDUyNTA0MTA=/?ref=). Looks like FK2 was more "vocal".
- replacing welding with adhesive to assemble the panels. I wonder how will it hold on a longer time span. I know that even composite materials that use resins/adhesive have this trade off of a shorter time span.

I would not mind getting this car at all though I'm considering other alternatives also.

From the all reviews that I had seen, I have a sense that some of the journalists are reading a script that someone else wrote. American journalists are comparing FK8 with FK2, just trashing the FK2 without ever touched or driven a FK2 for a long time. The european journalists when referring to FK2, they forgot what they wrote about FK2 since 2015 up to 2017. Some of those journalists have shown that they are very poor track drivers. What is the validity of their assessments? I learned something from their assessments: their are no better than the soccer journalists.

Yes, there are improvements on the everyday ride of the FK8. Yes FK2 is hardcore or raw, whatever the the journalists name it. I do not use my FK2 for everyday ride, I use it for fun and enjoyment. It does very, very well. It is all about preferences in chosing what is the best for you.

I find it very hard to call an FK2 hardcore or raw in all honesty.

I think the meaning of those two adjectives has been largely lost in relation to modern cars.

From the reviews i have watched and read the car is shaping up to be a winner. People dont say "best FWD car ever" for no reason.

Urgh, I really like this now which makes me annoyingly fickle. Will definitely be bothering my dealer, if I've not been blacklisted following the kicking the other half gave their FK2!

Back