• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

Half a dozen or so hard braking stops in quick succession from the national speed limit will have them sounding much better in my experience.

Exactly my thoughts as well, appears like the pads have built up a glaze and you need to burn it off with a few hard braking sessions.
You may well have been braking a bit too softly and let the glaze build up.

T.G.

Exactly my thoughts as well, appears like the pads have built up a glaze and you need to burn it off with a few hard braking sessions.
You may well have been braking a bit too softly and let the glaze build up.

T.G.

^^^ I agree

My FK2 made exactly the same noises when I'd been doing a lot of stop/start town driving in heavy traffic, especially when the ambient temperature dropped

This is not meant as a direct 'keyboard warrior' attack on the OP

But people complaining about stuff like this is one of the reasons why the Type R got watered down for markets outside of Japan

We'll be back to crappy sliding calipers and inferior EUDM models again if we're not too careful.....

Chris.

^^^ I agree

My FK2 made exactly the same noises when I'd been doing a lot of stop/start town driving in heavy traffic, especially when the ambient temperature dropped

But people complaining about stuff like this is one of the reasons why the Type R got watered down for markets outside of Japan

We'll be back to crappy sliding calipers and inferior EUDM models again if we're not too careful.....

Chris.

Come on, people are taking this race car for the Road a bit too seriously..... it's still a car for daily use and it should not sound like that. If they all did it, fair enough but other ones like mine don't squeal.

You also can't tell me Honda signed off on a car with that sound.

^^^ I agree

Chris.

Would you like us all to agree what a magnificent car it is .? Honda need to now what's wrong with its cars to improve them.

Good price, considering they were originally 10k on release.
Modulos fk8 looks stunning but you'd be mad to purchase those, there's a very nice modulo gear knob popped up on eBay

I noticed tegiwa are selling modulo products for the fk8, nobody bothered selling the FK2 products, I fancied the anime key fobs but they disappeared

Honda’s engineering team created Modulo based on the ultimate standard in design, functionality and quality (from the web)

Quite rare to see cars with the modulo packages from what I gather, prices probably scare most off

Hopefully mine will arrive soon. been lurking for a while, previously owned one of the first imported EK9's back in the 90's and sold on in 2003 to buy an Elise, 3 in total including racing them for a short period. Having two kids and the constant fixing of things forced me to reconsider so until the next thing at Lotus, gone for a Polished Metal,/Grey FK8. I had an RS on order last year that when delivered sold on, had a poor experience with Ford and actually found the car a bit of a let down. The FK8 is the perfect car for me and looking forward to enjoying it.

Popped to the dealers to show the wife the demo car, she hadn't seen it before! and noticed the tyre had a chip out of it, reckon this will be a regular occurrence on our roads. Think I will look to fit 18's to mine when it arrives, anyone else had concerns?

Matt

Hopefully mine will arrive soon. been lurking for a while, previously owned one of the first imported EK9's back in the 90's and sold on in 2003 to buy an Elise, 3 in total including racing them for a short period. Having two kids and the constant fixing of things forced me to reconsider so until the next thing at Lotus, gone for a Polished Metal,/Grey FK8. I had an RS on order last year that when delivered sold on, had a poor experience with Ford and actually found the car a bit of a let down. The FK8 is the perfect car for me and looking forward to enjoying it.

Popped to the dealers to show the wife the demo car, she hadn't seen it before! and noticed the tyre had a chip out of it, reckon this will be a regular occurrence on our roads. Think I will look to fit 18's to mine when it arrives, anyone else had concerns?

Matt

Hi Matt and welcome

When did you order out of interest?

Interesting to hear about the RS as that was the car I was also considering coming from a mk1 RS. Went with the civic and with top gear, evo and pistonheads all puting the FK8 as top dog, I like driving past the two nitrous blues in my street!

Not considering 18's but note a good few over on civicx.com have done and to be fair look ok, as thought it might be too much tyre wall. Not massive fan of standard wheels, Would love some dished rays in 20's but big bucks....

I ordered August.

The RS is a nearly finished car, loved some aspects but others less so. Internally and externally it was a tad boring imho but it was the drive that I found disappointing, on B roads I found the car hunted around, you feel the weight perhaps exagerated jumping out of a 700kg car into one with twice the weight. I just didn't gel with the car, the high up seating position with the shell seats didn't help but was fixable, but by the time the car came, I ordered very early, I was fed up with poor dealer communications and the flaws mentioned made me dislike it very quickly and cashed in.

Back