• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

Have you got a link dweezle?

More ef'in snow today....my potential father in law is here for the weekend and has rocked up in his S3, desperate for a go in the 8. I asked him if he likes ice skating cos that's what it will be if we go out...

Anyone from darn saaarf get a letter from Honda inviting to a market research day in Wandsworth? 90 minute session, £80 for your trouble, tell them all about what you like and don't like, chance to meet other owners etc. April 20-22nd....

Think I will probably go, if anyone else is we could do a mini meet!!

Let me know

Anyone from darn saaarf get a letter from Honda inviting to a market research day in Wandsworth? 90 minute session, £80 for your trouble, tell them all about what you like and don't like, chance to meet other owners etc. April 20-22nd....

Let me know

I don't live down South, but I have got the letter and intend to go.

Chris.

Let me know

I had one but am up north that weekend.

Ok so it was pi55ing wet but the Hyundai n30 did a 1.34 vs our 1.25 on top gear...

More pipped against the golf GTi....... so you can relax Ron :lol:

Been at Honda today for the service on the wife's 9G.

Half an hour after sitting in the waiting room, the dealer principle recognises me from bringing in my old FK2. Minutes later we're out in the FK8.

It's nice, but didn't exactly move any mountains. Comfort mode is exactly what the FK2 was missing but I haven't had the same urge of, "I need one in my life," like I did with the FK2.

Must be getting old or something...

I’m amazed you feel that way but are considering another Fn2
An FN2 is fun giving it 70-80% on public roads and you keep your licence. You can't say the same of an FK8, you'd be off to prison.

Blinker free these days.

This weekend doing a 1000 mile round trip in the FK8 im not sure I would want to have done it in the FK2 most of that is down to me been a fat git but the adaptive cruise control and comfort mode does make long hours on the motorway a lot easier. Then hit the Scottish Highlands flick it in to sport and loads of fun!!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Finally got a good day of dry driving today, genuinely think that the car does not need any more power, it really struggles to get power down imho when you drive it hard, the wheels spin up in third , left the TC on today and that orange light was flickering like a Christmas tree. The car on the road is quicker in Sport than R+ mode and it's more aggressive settings struggle for traction so any performance benefits are negated imho.

At the moment the only things I thing could be improved are braking feel, braided lines, upgraded pads and fluid should sort that, not getting the R+ steering and throttle response in Sport is a big own goal by Honda, hope to get some sort of upgrade if and when and a bit more theatre from the exhaust.

Finally got a good day of dry driving today, genuinely think that the car does not need any more power, it really struggles to get power down imho when you drive it hard, the wheels spin up in third , left the TC on today and that orange light was flickering like a Christmas tree. The car on the road is quicker in Sport than R+ mode and it's more aggressive settings struggle for traction so any performance benefits are negated imho.

At the moment the only things I thing could be improved are braking feel, braided lines, upgraded pads and fluid should sort that, not getting the R+ steering and throttle response in Sport is a big own goal by Honda, hope to get some sort of upgrade if and when and a bit more theatre from the exhaust.

It might have been dry, but the summer performance orientated tyres are not designed to work at current temperatures in the UK. You will get wheel spin with FWD or RWD - best to save your tyres for warmer temps or invest in winter rubber, or maybe think of AWD alternatives.

Hello all, newcomer here.

I previously had a Focus ST MK2 - with the 260 Mountune kit and picked up one of these FK8's last Saturday (8 days ago)
I used to hate the way it looks, from photos - they do not do it justice in my opinion.
See it in person and its completely different, it is an absolute beast.

I have read a few comments on here about people of certain ages only liking how it looks, people around 30 (I am 30! haha)
My parents absolutely love it and they are in their 60's.
My sister said it was horrendous looking when I showed her photos.
When I turned up at her house in it, she was taking photos of it and said how much nicer in person it looks.

I saw a sonic grey one today and thought ..mmmmm.. wouldn't have gone with that colour personally but still looked OK.
It has to be white or black for this new one. Red and Blue look decent but I like the bat mobile look of the black one :)

I haven't been able to put it through its paces yet as the car has only done under 300 miles but I've given it a bit of a push.
Through corners it is absolutely solid.

I am surprised how small the fuel tank is.... I filled up the other day and it cost me £52 - compare this to my old Focus, which a full tank cost near on £65 and I get more miles out of a full tank with the new Civic Type R!

So far I am really enjoying being behind the wheel every time I get in it.

p.s. why do all reviewers say it has no noise at all? I find it fairly loud myself.

Welcome gregsii!!! I had a Electric White Focus ST Mk2.....I found it good fun and great sound from the engine, but actually found it quite slow. Desperately needed the the 260 upgrade ( The RS beating one!) but never got around to it...

Totally agree, the FK8 needs to be seen in the flesh as the photos don't do it justice.

Tank is really small....id like to say cos race car but not sure that would be true...

I am surprised how small the fuel tank is.... I filled up the other day and it cost me £52
Yes a 46 litre fuel tank is certainly on the small side for such a powerful engine. You must have only had about a gallon in your tank when you filled up. Super unleaded I assume.

I agree with your views on colours....although I reckon only white shows off everything to its best advantage. :D

Regarding other peoples opinions....I told my dad I was getting a Honda Civic but never said what model it was....when he seen it he was shocked and said "that's not like any Civic I've ever seen" :lol:

Back