• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

here's a question - not watched it all though.

Driver wearing the normal seatbelt.

Harness belts on the passenger seat....?

Does the FK2 has this issue with the second gear grinds? I am planning to buy used FK8 or the FK2, still havent decided, but this transmission issues are really the biggest factor I havent bought one yet. Has anybody had experience with these issues and resolved them properly?
From what i understand the early 2015 FK2 has not really suffered as much as other FK2's and and FK8's.
Apparently Honda moved the production of the gearbox to the Americans or some other country around mid 2016 and this is where the problem has come from with the 2nd gear crunch and 4th gear lockout.

(But dont take that as gospel as it is only what i have heard and seen on the internet)

When i first got my FK2 it felt a little bit notchy going in to 2nd when cold but not crunching, I had the gearbox oil changed and it's been perfect since.

I have also heard that some Americans are convinced it's the clutch master cylinder or even the exhaust that is heating up the oil in the box and you need to switch to a higher temperature oil.

The problem is that nobody seems to know for sure including Honda themselves!

One thing is for sure is that a lot of people are holding off getting a new FK8 until they sort it out. "Including myself"

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

From what i understand the early 2015 FK2 has not really suffered as much as other FK2's and and FK8's.
Apparently Honda moved the production of the gearbox to the Americans or some other country around mid 2016 and this is where the problem has come from with the 2nd gear crunch and 4th gear lockout.

(But dont take that as gospel as it is only what i have heard and seen on the internet)

When i first got my FK2 it felt a little bit notchy going in to 2nd when cold but not crunching, I had the gearbox oil changed and it's been perfect since.

I have also heard that some Americans are convinced it's the clutch master cylinder or even the exhaust that is heating up the oil in the box and you need to switch to a higher temperature oil.

One thing is for sure is that a lot of people are holding off getting a new FK8 until they sort it out. "Including myself"

Thanks for the reply! What gearbox oil did you put in your FK2?

I have to be honest when pushing on if you don't quite get the clutch to the floor you can feel that it could crunch, if you know what I mean. I think it is half user error, half design, the shift is so quick it can make you half depress the clutch and then crunch.

The gearbox is assembled in Swindon from parts supplied from Japan.

Honda have identified the problem now and are in the process of testing a fix - I can tell you it's not the master cylinder.

Chris.

Things getting fruity in Hong Kong by the looks of it.

27099823f7862aeaa549de37e727ee74.jpg

I would be very suprised if the stock turbo could flow that much air to create those figures. Fair play if so!

I didn't fancy posting that reply to them but that was also my first thought.

Back