• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

From what I’ve read suspension is slightly more compliant but no less focused but difficult to see real world changes, the extra information available, ie temps is welcomed, brakes and cooling seemingly the most improved areas, said for ages they are not up to it. Is it worth the upgrade for those items alone, I doubt it but at the moment at that price point what else would you buy new if looking for a change?

I've been having a little think. Maybe an A35...then i parked next to one and it was just nowhere near as special. Thought about an older a45 or rs3 but very expensive still, finance would be savage. Focus no chance, new S3 and golf R looks more interesting than the old model, but still not as special for me (no doubt quicker in the real world granted)

Keep coming back to the Fk8, nothing out there like it...

Yeah I am really surprised. I wasn't sure we would see another, especially after Hondas claim to be all electric by 2022...

I actually think it's very similar to the FK8. Different spoiler, front lights, but the weird rear quarter looks longer and a bit like a coupe shape like the Mercedes CLA, i30 fastback etc...or it could just be massive camo

If it is any bigger, it won’t interest me, it is about as big a fun car that I would want any bigger and you are not going to be able to use it as much or as quickly on the smaller roads like I do with FK8.

+1

I find the current FK8 too big for my taste and garaging, so won't even consider if the next one is even bigger.

Happy Friday

Quick question, aircon no longer working - Warranty claim, or have to pay re-gas as it's a consumable? 67 plate car, asking for a friend :D

Happy Friday to you too Fan.
I would probably try the warranty route first. Could be a failed seal, split pipe etc... Has it been a gradual failing or all of a sudden?

With previous marques a re-gas has always been charged for as it's classed as maintenance however a leak due to a failed component has been warranty.

Happy Friday

Quick question, aircon no longer working - Warranty claim, or have to pay re-gas as it's a consumable? 67 plate car, asking for a friend :D

There has been some talk of porous condensers on 10G civics on FB definitely try the warranty angle.

Has anybody ever regassed AC and not found a leak?

i was changing the gearbox oil on my fk2 yesterday and it came to mind why did they change the fk8 to a water-based cooler?
Honda wouldn't change for the sake of it after only 2 years, so has to be for cooling efficiency. 10-15mins on a test drive last night made the gearbox too hot to touch.
I was on track last month and was having shifting issues after 10-15mins on track. Once cooled down for the next session it was shifting fine again until heat builds up.
so, lets say thats true; FK2 has transmission heat issues. FK8 changes to water based oil cooler thus adding heat into the coolant loop. I'm wondering if the FK8 trackday heat issues are down to the transmission cooler adding enough heat into the cooling system it cant cope?

according to a FK8 FB group, Evasive are working on a transmission cooler so maybe there is something there...

that's probably the biggest difference between FK2 and FK8 engines. with all the cooling mods for fk8 - grills, rads, vents etc, i don't think its an airflow thing and more cooling capacity where even bigger rad can't cope.
thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back