• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

Rumoured to be 400 ps

image.jpg

Same as other brands of old, change a few bits and tune out of the factory. Just means less work to do aftermarket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Am I the only one that can’t see the fascination in drifting a hatchback?
The golf always seemed to be the car people chose when they were worried about looking a wally in our garishly styled civics or an obnoxiously loud focus RS.
Then they put drift mode on it. I’m confused

Drift mode is irrelevant, but it does illustrate the torque vectoring on the rear axle. That might make it a bit more playful than the old one.

The trouble is it's likely to be £40k as a base car, and closer to £50k with the performance pack and options. That makes the FK8 look like fantastic value.

Am I the only one that can’t see the fascination in drifting a hatchback?
The golf always seemed to be the car people chose when they were worried about looking a wally in our garishly styled civics or an obnoxiously loud focus RS.
Then they put drift mode on it. I’m confused

I think VW group have made the S3 the sensible pants choice now with 20 BHP less power, not the chassis upgrades, drift or ring mode etc. The R they are trying to make it less boring to drive. Audi has an RS3 above it as well, whereas this is probably the top golf.

As for price it will be competitive with the AMG35 and BMW 135i i reckon

Not for me, would get pulled in Europe the wing is wider than the body.

Golf, not for me, but looks better than the old one.

Omg what is someone thinking

But that wing is illegal as it is wider than the bodywork!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The FK8 is probably a better smooth track weapon, but if you frequent B roads I reckon that Yaris GR would be an absolute blast.

£34K for the circuit pack version with front and rear LSD is a lot, but it's a Yaris in name only when you look at the hardware it's packing and bespoke 3 door widened body with some aluminium panels and carbon/plastic roof.

I’ve got no kids, but it would just be too small for me after the civic. When me and the enemy go away, we pack so much crap the Yaris wouldn’t cut it.

I'd buy it if I lived next to the good B roads; it's small size and rally credentials make it perfect for British roads - however, despite the tech (ACC / LKAS) it isn't cut out for grand touring use IMO - I'm sure it would start to feel rather cramped after a few hundred miles, an area where the Civic really wins.

It's about the only thing that would be an alternative consideration to the FK8 though.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Well I live on brilliant B roads and struggle to see how I would enjoy the Yaris over the CTR and to be honest I think the FK8 excels on them albeit a tad wide occasionally, be nice to drift a bit, but that novelty would where off quickly

Back