• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

I watched this earlier. I’m positive on the first two runs that Matts so called racing driver in the FK8 hit the Rev limiter in 2nd. The golf was always going to win but not by the margin it did. The guy can’t drive a manual for toffee.

Just watched it again and it was the first and third run that you can here’s the car being smashed off the limiter. As far as I’m concerned the only thing wrong with the Honda in that video is it was missing L plates.

Launching a FWD car with a manual gearbox has never been easy, let alone one with 320bhp, then compare it to a car with an auto box, awd for 7k more you have to question the point of the comparison. I’ll keep on saying it but there is nothing in pretty much any performance car on the road other than how it feels.

Yes he hit the limiter.

Bet on the dyno that Golf is more than 320bhp.
You do have to question this in the rolling race.....the golf is 170kgs heavier AND will have the lag of the 4wd. Like the 'professional' driver says, its like the golf has about 100hp more. I had an F80 M3 before my FK8 and i think that would have struggled to pull much quicker over the Type R. That had over 100hp more.

My other thing is the golf is SOOOOOOOO boring. Trouble is this is all the public want at the moment. For not much more than that golf R you may as well just get a model 3 Tesla which would, in a straight line, leave the golf standing - if both drivers don't nod off in the race.

I can't stand Matt from Car Wow. His reviews are misinformed and incorrect the majority of the time. And his drag races are completely pointless and do not give an impression of a cars speed. Unless of course you are a traffic light warrior. In which case buy a Golf R.

That goes to show how good the FK8 actually is pound for pound. I’m talking money wise, unbelievable performance for a FWD car.

Back