• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Good engine rebuild?

Unfortunately my k20 has developed a knock on one of the bearings! Does anyone here know of a place that would do a solid engine rebuild. Thanks! I have an ep3 type r if anyone is curious!

Where are you based and what sort of budget do you have?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Try Dream Automotive in Watford

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I wouldn't dream of letting just anyone do it unless they have extensive knowledge of the K20 and a proven clean room.

I've been making inquiries for a K20a rebuild with forged bits myself. I've previously used & would recommend either Eurospec in Surrey, or TDi North in Cheshire. Both seem a bit reluctant to quote me a price-range though. Business must good.

The K20 isn't a particularly complex engine (majority of road car engines internally are very simple). Any competent mechanic with experience of building engines would be able to carry out the repair. They would need a Honda workshop manual to work out the correct shell size for the crank main and big ends, torque settings etc. It'll be a plus finding a company who has previous experience for piece of mind and ensure a good quality of work carried out.
However, damage to the big end bearings (guessing that's the fault) generally damages the crank. Resulting in needing a new crank which is very expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back