• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Guide to the Gruppe M - please read before posting!

I've already got the SFS induction, radiator and washer jet hoses in blue on my ctr, but cant find an intake hose, i was going to just buy a similar sized hose in blue to replace the red one...

Hey guys,

Recently got myself a GruppeM for my EP3 and am loving it! However, like someone earlier in this thread I get this loud metallic vibration like noise between 5,500RPM up until the VTEC crossover point. It doesn't happen in first gear, but from second gear onwards.

I've got padding around the intake mouth where it touches the bonnet and the scuttle. I'm also using am modified scuttle panel as opposed to the included one..

Hey guys,

Recently got myself a GruppeM for my EP3 and am loving it! However, like someone earlier in this thread I get this loud metallic vibration like noise between 5,500RPM up until the VTEC crossover point. It doesn't happen in first gear, but from second gear onwards.

I've got padding around the intake mouth where it touches the bonnet and the scuttle. I'm also using am modified scuttle panel as opposed to the included one..

Welcome to the forum :D .

Try putting some of the padded sticky tape stuff, inside the jubalie clip style things. You know, the two brackets that hold the GM together and on unit.

It gives the brackets padding so that the unit doesnt rattle in the fixing, its hard to explain, but you can just see the sides of the white padding on my old one, its inside the blue circle.

gm.jpg

Thanks Suits! I will give it a try! I'm also getting an SFS hose as the intake seems to be moving around a fair bit.

Welcome to the forum :D .

Try putting some of the padded sticky tape stuff, inside the jubalie clip style things. You know, the two brackets that hold the GM together and on unit.

It gives the brackets padding so that the unit doesnt rattle in the fixing, its hard to explain, but you can just see the sides of the white padding on my old one, its inside the blue circle.

gm.jpg

Never thought that the vibrations would come from there - good thinking mate.

Never thought that the vibrations would come from there - good thinking mate.

It's not so much of a vibration Joe, but a slight rattle on idle if anything, worked a dream on mine anyway :) .

I wouldn't buy either, it's an air filter. It's cheaper get a prostitute to give you a blowy and they suck harder :lol:

It's not so much of a vibration Joe, but a slight rattle on idle if anything, worked a dream on mine anyway :) .

Finally got around to lining the inside of the metal clamp with some padded foam tape, and it worked a treat! No more annoying vibrations between 5,000-6,000rpm! Thanks Suits! ;)

hi everyone im looking to get gruppe m kit for my ep3 but where from ?? any where online ?

Last edited by a moderator:
hi everyone im looking to get gruppe m kit for my ep3 but where from ?? any where online ?

Prepare to pay through the nose for a new one mate, due to the Jen being worth so much more than the £. Like nearly £700.

Keep your eye on the 'For Sale' sections, there they will be around the £400 mark :) .

Hi I was thinking of getting the cheaper Tegiwa Rep of the Gruppe M , and I was kind of surprised that no-one on this thread mentioned it. Can the gruppeM really be that much better? Or has the Tegiwa got bad reviews?

Tegiwa kit is class I had the Gruppe M on my first EP3 and sold it with the car (mistake) but refused to pay Gruppe M money they preform the same the noise is the same the build quality is the same and the best thing is you can have more money left in you pocket to spend on other modulations for your car.

Plus most of the second hand Gruppe M around have been pimped out quite abit.

IMO save the money and buy a Tegiwa M FTW!

Back