• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Handbrake

Hi all
I have an ep3 type r and i have replaced all of the rear brakes and still the handbrake will not hold properly.
I must have spent near on £700 on trying to get a decent handbrake.
Been to 3 garages had new calipers 3 times new discs and pads,new cables.
Still will not hold very well.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

Where are you based?
My advice would be take it to someone that knows what they’re doing.
If you’ve replaced everything, done everything then clearly the people doing the work don’t know what they’re doing.
Someone like TDI, TGM (there are others) who know their way around these cars would get it sorted for you

Where are you based?
My advice would be take it to someone that knows what they’re doing.
If you’ve replaced everything, done everything then clearly the people doing the work don’t know what they’re doing.
Someone like TDI, TGM (there are others) who know their way around these cars would get it sorted for you
Based in Dorset mate
Taken it to so many places and it always ends up with spending alot of money and all i get is the same result.
Don't think there is any mechanics down here anymore

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

TGM can’t be more than 90 minutes away from you. I used to do a 2 hour trip from South Wales to them for my DC5 to get work done. Honestly it’s worth it. Pay once, get the job done properly, enjoy ownership.

Just spent another 500 but this time success. Took it to a company called Revtec in ferndown Dorset.
They found out that the previous garage had put the cables on wrong and was stretching them.
So more new cables,calipers ,discs and pads but now all good.

Sent from my SM-S908B using Tapatalk

Back