• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Has anyone used an Alpine iDA-X305S headunit?

SpaceMonkey

Midget Wannabe
As above?

I'll be looking to buy my first car stereo again in god knows how long & after a chat with J7 he suggested one of the full speed Alpine range. Now I had a nosey online & quite like the idea of this Alpine iDA-305S . I know it doesn't have a CD player, but I'm not worried as 90% of my favoured music is on my ipod anyways. Plus these days most people carry their ipods about, so switching between them is no issue.

Just wondered if anyone had one or even used one & could shed some light on it please? ;)

b_idax305s.jpg

Isn't this the headunit that Jermal/Dotty/one of the mods/few of the members have/had on here?

I've got the iDA X-100

ida-x100.jpg

Mine won't play iPhones etc because it's a couple of years old now, but that doesn't bother me because I have my whole collection on my 120gb iPod classic.

The iDA X-100 is a cracking bit of kit, so I should imagine the one you're looking at isn't half bad too.

Cheers for the feedback Tone.
Looks like I'll be grabbing one. Also managed to find one of the Alpine KTP-445 - 4 x 100W Power Packs 2nd hand with a years warranty for £60 delivered too.

I've got the iDA X-100

ida-x100.jpg

Mine won't play iPhones etc because it's a couple of years old now, but that doesn't bother me because I have my whole collection on my 120gb iPod classic.

The iDA X-100 is a cracking bit of kit, so I should imagine the one you're looking at isn't half bad too.

Strange as I have the same model and works with both my 3gs and my iPhone 4. Only thing I cant do is change my background .

Strange as I have the same model and works with both my 3gs and my iPhone 4. Only thing I cant do is change my background .

Are you sure it's not the iDA X-305?

iDA-X305.jpg

This was the newer version that was specifically released because it was compatible with iPhones.

Oh and dott, I tried the airplane mode thing this morning and it works :smt023.

Are you sure it's not the iDA X-305?

iDA-X305.jpg

This was the newer version that was specifically released because it was compatible with iPhones.

Yes im sure its the same model mate the IDA X100

I have two jailbroken iphones so maybe thats it ? I cant take calls through them when there plugged in but music works fine.

As for your background....fancy sharing ? I downloaded some to a mem stick but they dont seem to upload.

I've had this HU for years now and still very pleased with it. All my music is on my iPhone so no need for CD's.

I find the Alpine HU are the best for iPod/iPhone use. Most of the control are as they are on your device.

Might not be much use to you now but I will be selling mine next year as im going to get a double din

As for your background....fancy sharing ? I downloaded some to a mem stick but they dont seem to upload.

If I can transfer the background back onto memory stick, then yeah no worries. Otherwise no, as I no longer have the original file.

I don't know if it will work on the Alpine but I have this one on my Pioneer in the DC5.

V3TEG.jpg

redh.jpg

I don't know if it will work on the Alpine but I have this one on my Pioneer in the DC5.

V3TEG.jpg

redh.jpg

It won't work fella. It has to be in a specific alpine format. .apn iirc.

There used to be an online convertor, but I think it's been pulled for legal reasons.

It won't work fella. It has to be in a specific alpine format. .apn iirc.

There used to be an online convertor, but I think it's been pulled for legal reasons.

That's what I used.

Is there another way? You would have thought Alpine would make it easy.

I have the first version of this headunit , mine works with every ipod and phone! Works especially well with the alpine bluetooth unit.

Back