• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Hazz’s JDM 1996 Pirates Black Integra Type R

That looks lovely! You must be happy with that after the work (and money you've put in.

Is it the angle or do the headlights need a polish?

Cheers! Couple bits I’m still not happy with but it’s a lot nicer than the day it arrived.

Yea the headlights are kind of bad, especially the driver side one. I need to buy some UV rated lacquer and give them another go

Couldn’t resist assembling them… look great apart from this horrific apprentice mark. I’ve sent a pic to RHDJapan, we’ll see what they come back with.

IMG_5716.jpegIMG_5714.jpeg

Dispute update:

They’ve asked what I wanted for it (as I’d selected partial refund). So I said either 200 to cover disassembly, strip, paint/powdercoat and reassembly. I’d be using grinspeed + a powdercoat place so I don’t think that’s too unreasonable… or a replacement shock.

Does that seem fair?

Sounds fair to me, at the end of the day you've paid for a product which isn't quite upto scratch,

And paying out for Spoon products you want perfection

Sent from my LG-M200 using Tapatalk

Spoon jibbed me off. They said it’s an acceptable finish. Obviously I’m not happy about that so I won’t be buying any more spoon parts EVER again.

Suspension is on now. Much improved comfort and it’s actually slightly lower than I had it set up on the meisterRs. Which looks good but doesn’t help with getting on and off the driveway.

Just spent £850 on gaskets and a baffled mugen sump. Engine refresh is happening over winter. Hopefully stay at the current bore size and just re-ring and hone it. New shells etc.

I’ve also booked in with a headlight restoration place in Bulgaria for the end of October. They’ll be splitting and fully refurbing them.

Not ideal from Spoon really.

Interesting about the engine refresh, I've obviously not done as much research or understand B18's as well as yourself but what the common goals and target with a B18 bore, bit more torque I suppose and keeps that B18 buzz without looking at heavier K swaps ??

Finally, why Bulgaria, do they not offer a similar service in the UK ??

I can’t find anyone who will split the headlights in the UK, most people just want to polish and lacquer here. Bulgaria man is going to re-chrome my indicators and polish the inside surfaces too.

I don’t want to bore it out ideally, just for cost reasons. I’ve been down that road with the mini build, bored it out to max oversize. I did several upgrades at once, bored 1mm bigger, H-beam con rods & port matched the intake to the 70mm throttle body. It made an extra 13bhp and 5lb ft on the same dyno…. The juice isn’t worth the squeeze at that point.

Got you.

Bulgaria man seems to have a nice little niche of the market there then.

Yeah, I understand that, seems like an awful lot of work and cost.

Will you do the work yourself on the engine ??

Oops, didn’t see that question… engine work being done by Stevie at grinspeed. I would love to do it myself but I don’t have the space unfortunately.

TE37s picked up. They were in a very sorry state and had been rattle canned. It’s not ideal but I’ve had them powder coated, so now they look like rotas, but they’re not.

BZKcow3.jpg

nvMIJ0O.jpg

pyQgyat.jpg

n0NG25H.jpg

Got some ad08rs tyres on the TE’s and a048’s on the OE wheels ready for track next spring. Just got to sort some longer studs out so I can still run the spacers for the OE’s.

Lastly, I got these for the securities:

WqBTUKM.jpg

Great stuff mate. What's the sizes of the TE's ??

Of the few wheels Id consider from OEM these are one and a great colour.

How do you find the AD08's ?? I'll need new tyres in the Spring and have earmarked some PS5's but am open to other options.

They’re 16x7’s, I do love a TE… shame they don’t still make them new in my size/pcd etc. I was tempted by some new regamasters but I just couldn’t justify the price. As it turns out, I wasn’t a million miles away from that by the time I’d finished refurbing these. 20/20 hindsight.

Not driven on the ad08rs yet so I can’t say what they’re like, I have driven (cheekily) on the a048’s though and my word are they grippy… but then again we are comparing to Toyo’s here lol

From what I’ve heard, go for the ps5 or the new ad09. Not available in my sizes (in the UK)

Thinking out loud, but aren’t the OE wheels likely to be heavier? Therefore, wouldn’t it be ‘better’ to fit the track tyres to the lighter TE’s?

Thinking out loud, but aren’t the OE wheels likely to be heavier? Therefore, wouldn’t it be ‘better’ to fit the track tyres to the lighter TE’s?
They’re the same I think, 195 15 instead of 205 16 so possibly even heavier with tyre

Back