• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Hey fn2 owners looking for a little advice please

Hey guys I hope everyone is well and safe
Recently I got myself a 2007 fn2 type r gt with the satnav, rage alloys, gp kit. I was looking to get some more out the car and had a few ideas so if anyone could perhaps aid me or lend me some valuable penny saving knowledge I would be greatly appreciative.
Plans are to get 10-20% gains in bhp mostly for midrange torque and some more fun, realistically I would be happy with 220-240 bhp. Ideally I would like to get the tegiwa single exit full s/s exhaust and the tegiwa 4-2-1 manifold header de-catted. I would pair these with the carbon tegiwa cold air fed induction kit, fed through the fog light. plan to get a Hondata piggyback ecu and have everything mapped accordingly with all the mods on and get the vtec range changed abit.
I was also going to get the fd2 balancer shaft delete kit as highly recommended by a friend in the know. Is this an absaloute must modification? Does it add bhp or just make it more free revving? I also planned on swapping out the rage 19"s for lightweight 18", any good suggestions for easily obtained lightweight wheels for the fn2? Thanks so much in advance.

The balancer shaft delete will net you 10 bhp but isn't cheap. If you're happy with 220 to 240 bhp then also consider an RRC intake manifold. Team Dynamics pro race 1.2 wheels are a good choice, not overly expensive but only weigh around 8.5kg. Camber bolts, eibach pro kit springs and a fast road set up are a good idea.

The balancer shaft delete will net you 10 bhp but isn't cheap. If you're happy with 220 to 240 bhp then also consider an RRC intake manifold. Team Dynamics pro race 1.2 wheels are a good choice, not overly expensive but only weigh around 8.5kg. Camber bolts, eibach pro kit springs and a fast road set up are a good idea.
Thanks for the reply bud, very much appreciate your time! I had a look at the rrc manifold and it seems a good idea also... Would you get all the mods done and the balancer shaft delete kit lastly? I have my eyes on the eibach pro springs and I'll also get round to adding strut tops front and back aswell as the camber bolts.
Does anyone have any experience with the jap speed bolt on parts like the full/s/s exhaust system and their 4-2-1 manifold header. Saves abit on the tegiwa versions but might be cheaper because of the effectiveness. Thanks very much!

You’re biggest gain on the FN2 power to pounds is the exhaust manifold and decat. That will give you a big increase in mid-range. Tegiwa is likely the most effective as it’s a copy of the Toda or at least it was for EP3 and DC5 so assuming the same.
If it was me I’d say save the money you were going to spend on the exhaust because you’ll get very little gain from that. The routing on the FN2 is restrictive and you’ll get maybe 1 - 3bhp.

I’d go with the exhaust mani, RRC, flashpro first. Not sure if an intake is worth it in these? I just had the oem air box which previous owner had smoothed and added a drop in high flow panel.

Your next mod then I’d say LSD. You’ll gain more from the car doing that than just adding more power alone.

The RRC added 17bhp on my EP3. I think the RSP isn't too bad for an oem manifold so the gains probably won't be quite the same as what mine achieved.

Yes sorry flashy when I said not sure if intake is worthwhile I meant the cold air feed. Mine just had the oem box. The Tegiwa/gruppeM used to give a decent gain on the DC5 but unsure on the FN?

RRC is excellent :)

You’re biggest gain on the FN2 power to pounds is the exhaust manifold and decat. That will give you a big increase in mid-range. Tegiwa is likely the most effective as it’s a copy of the Toda or at least it was for EP3 and DC5 so assuming the same.
If it was me I’d say save the money you were going to spend on the exhaust because you’ll get very little gain from that. The routing on the FN2 is restrictive and you’ll get maybe 1 - 3bhp.

I’d go with the exhaust mani, RRC, flashpro first. Not sure if an intake is worth it in these? I just had the oem air box which previous owner had smoothed and added a drop in high flow panel.

Your next mod then I’d say LSD. You’ll gain more from the car doing that than just adding more power alone.

Sorry for the late reply pal, thanks very much for that information. I was going to be purchasing the exhaust 1st so you may have saved me a few pounds straight off the bat! I think after what you guys have said I'll go for a rrc manifold and a tegiwa 4-2-1 manifold header and decat. After this I'll get a Hondata and go from there. I would imagine I would end up getting a tegiwa induction kit and also a tegiwa s/s system but I shall do them last as I have now been told by a few people they bare the least gains.
I have seen a write up by tdi North UK and they tested all the induction kits on a fn2 rolling roaded. I'm sure it was in the effective order of number 1 being the mugen one and number 2 being the grupe M one.. Perhaps the tegiwa cai one would be best for me as its a carbon copy of the mugen one so I am led to believe.

I would leave well alone. If you remap the engine you are putting strain on it beyond the parameters it was designed for. Or put plainly you will significantly increase wear and tear on the engine. Also consider the insurance ramifications.

Back