• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

HiD Ballast problem

Bought a 50W Hid kit from hids-direct about 3 months ago and had them fitted but my mate (electrician)
Tonight the passenger side packs up, at first i thought it was the bulb but that was fine.
When i switched them on with the bonnet up i can hear the drivers side ballast working but the passenger side is quiet, nothing coming from it at all.
Any ideas how this can be fixed or what the problem is?

Cheers

Bought a 50W Hid kit from hids-direct about 3 months ago and had them fitted but my mate (electrician)
Tonight the passenger side packs up, at first i thought it was the bulb but that was fine.
When i switched them on with the bonnet up i can hear the drivers side ballast working but the passenger side is quiet, nothing coming from it at all.
Any ideas how this can be fixed or what the problem is?

Cheers

Check the connectors are in correctly.

If they are OK, and if possible see if you can swap the left and right ballasts. If the issue moves with the ballast from the passenger side to the drivers side, it is the ballast has gone belly up. Get in touch with hids-direct and ask for a replacement, they should have 12 months warranty.

Back