• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

HID conversion ***Face Lifts Only***

Face lift CTR HID H1 Conversion.

Due to the H1 lamps in the facelift model but H4 retaining spring on the back of the projectors, fitting is not a straight forward plug and play. So please read on.

What is required?

1. Conversion kit available from http://www.hids4u.co.uk/
The guy is called Ian was the best by far of a few companies I contacted. As it worked out he has sold some kits through Mr Bilko via a group buy.
HID020.jpg

2. A dremmel type tool.
I bought one from ebay for £20

3. Hotmelt glue gun.
Again around £20.

4. Basic hand tools – Small flat head screwdriver and pliers.

5. Stick Velcro pads.

6. Spare set of H1 –H4 plastic adapters from Honda as there is no going back. £20

STEP 1 - Lamp Removal.
Take out old lamp and adapters keeping the old lamps safe in the car with the new adapters for back ups. Do not touch the glass.

STEP 2 - Adapter Mod.
Using a very small screwdriver GENTLY prise the resin and lugs away on the pins on the back of the adapter and pull out.

This is a little tricky but they do come.

HID009.jpg

STEP 3 - The Tricky Bit.
Using the Dremmel type tool use the thin cutting blade and file out the remaining plastic in the adapter. Mind those fingers!!

HID010.jpg

HID011.jpg

STEP 4 - The Vital Bit.
Cut off the rubber grommet and feed in the HID lamp in place.
At this point I will point out the orientation of the lamp is VITAL. Please note is slightly turned to the left.

***Without the correct orientation you will find it difficult to fit into the projector later.***

HID004.jpg

HID003.jpg

HID019.jpg

***** the position of the lamp is INCORRECT in this picture and should be the same angle but turned to THE LEFT*****

STEP 4 - Glue Time.

Hotmelt glue in place without gluing up the lamp. Do this but putting a blob of glue under the lip of the lamp and pressing back down FLAT.

Also glue the rear to stop any other movement.

HID014.jpg

HID013.jpg

STEP 5 - The Easy Bit.
Mount the ballast in the engine bay. The only place I could see to put them was near the front shockers.

I secured mine with self adhesive Velcro. WHY? Because I wasnÂ’t sure about drilling through there. I will consult my best bud when I see him next, heÂ’s a mechanic.

This will also allow quick removal if you are like me and clean your engine bay down as the ballasts in this lower are not 100% water proof. Ian does sell a better kit but at a price.

HID022.jpg

HID021.jpg

STEP 6 - Fitting Lamps
With the thin brown tube on the lamp facing up GENTLY fit and retain the clip. The one behind the washer bottle is a right slag to do but not impossible.

STEP 7 – Wiring Loom.
Plug in all the wiring. This is as simple as it sounds.

Make sure you get the polarity correct. The red wire on the Honda loom is +ve.

STEP 8 – The Best Bit.
Turn on your new lights and show off to all your mates.

HID023.jpg

****The colour of the HID lamp here is no way near to what it is in the flesh. This is way bluer*****

I chose the 8K lamps for a Bluer look. IMO I made the right choice they look the nuts with out sacrificing too much light output.

Any questions please post them here to help others.

Cheers

Lee

Fantastic mate.

Good post and thank you for putting it together.

Same kit as I've got via the Bilko GB, I do like the blueness of the 8k kit but I'm happy with the 6k one

Good howto 8)

by facelifts do you mean 04-06? i just bought the ultimate kit, havent seen it yet. how long have they been selling these bulb holders?
i only ask cause it says you get them with the ultimate kit so i dont want to pay for them!!

:smt023 :smt023

newer hid kits will have smaller ballasts. . . so you can position them under the side plastic covers near the arch were they will be nicely hidden away and wont get wet :D

The new ultimate kit from hids4u fits nicely their and has the bulb holders for face lift ctr's included so its literally complete plug and play :D

This thread wants binning as the adapters are available now.......they weren't when I did this 'how to' years ago.

Back