• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Hid problems

JUS A QUICK QUERY ON HID KITS FOR EP3s. I RECENTLY BOUGHT AN EP3 WITH A KIT ALREADY INSTALLED. HAVE HAD IT FOR A MONTH NOW AND THE OFF SIDE BULD HAS STARTED TO CUT OUT AFTER ABOUT 1 OR 2 MINS....:mad:
ANYONE WITH A BIT MORE KNOWLEDGE ON THEM HELP OUT?!

Dodgy connection maybe, or the ballast is on its way out, can't see it being the bulb as that would just blow i should think.

do you know how i go about checking or adjusting the balast??thing is i cant see the kit being on the car tht long 20000 miles tops?

Sorry mate i dont know how to check them, maybe you could unplug them and swap the ballasts over to see if it does the same on the other light.

It will be a faulty ballast, they are made very cheaply so from time to time you will get a duff one.

Its an easy job just to swap them over to rule out the possibility of poor connections and/or faulty lamp.

I have a £40 kit in the van and its been going strong for 2 years or more now. When I had the in the EP3 I had 2 in 2 months go.

cheers fellas! had a play today and swapped the ballasts round seems to be holding up alrite so far! gash about the short life span ***!!

Back