• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

How much are these worth?!

Hi all,
First post in the world of Type R!
Imported a car from japan this year that came with a lovely set of RAYS alloys. Looking to switch them out for something a bit more ‘euro’ as the car in question is actually a BMW! When i think ‘RAYS’ i automatically think Honda/ Type R so where better than to ask than the forum itself. If anyone has a clue how much these are worth id be hugely appreciative. Many thanks!

Attachments

• 7F5DEC08-B5B8-4445-A2CF-D9197E071F27.jpeg
    7F5DEC08-B5B8-4445-A2CF-D9197E071F27.jpeg
    101.9 KB · Views: 35
  • 39C29301-FD32-4D4D-967B-D790D0D38D98.jpeg
    39C29301-FD32-4D4D-967B-D790D0D38D98.jpeg
    329.4 KB · Views: 34
  • CD2A223D-4BE0-43B5-913E-D4A4460E0686.jpeg
    CD2A223D-4BE0-43B5-913E-D4A4460E0686.jpeg
    157.5 KB · Views: 36
I have no idea what those are. I would think a scan through the Rays website might point you in the right direction or if you email this pictures over to them they’ll tell you.
Your problem is going to be offset and possibly PCD too. Pretty sure the offsets on the euro cars tend to be much lower than ideal for Honda.
Personally though I reckon rays on a euro car is a good look. I’ve seen plenty of euro cars with them. TE37 on the golf mk6/7 look great

Last edited:
They're G25s, but it's not all good news I'm afraid. There's some visually identical knock offs doing the rounds, so you'll need to get them off and inspect them closely to see if they're the real deal or not. While as David mentioned there are plenty of euro cars with them, JDM wheels are still a comparative minority on the Euro scene so it may limit the field of prospective buyers slightly.

I have no idea what those are. I would think a scan through the Rays website might point you in the right direction or if you email this pictures over to them they’ll tell you.
Your problem is going to be offset and possibly ET too. Pretty sure the offsets on the euro cars tend to be much lower than ideal for Honda.
Personally though I reckon rays on a euro car is a good look. I’ve seen plenty of euro cars with them. TE37 on the golf mk6/7 look great

Ive had a look on the RAYS website and tracked them down, showing as costing anywhere from £3000 - £3500 when new if you can believe it! I dont mind the look at all, just fancy swapping for something else. Any idea how i'd find the offset?! Is it stamped/marked on the alloy itself?

They're G25s, but it's not all good news I'm afraid. There's some visually identical knock offs doing the rounds, so you'll need to get them off and inspect them closely to see if they're the real deal or not. While as David mentioned there are plenty of euro cars with them, JDM wheels are still a comparative minority on the Euro scene so it may limit the field of prospective buyers slightly.

Thanks for the reply, ive had them off the car before and they appeared at least to be legit. All the correct markings/small details as shown on the website (although the people making the knock offs would try and emulate them wouldnt they...) That aside, the lightest alloys ive ever felt so hoping they're legit though. A friend told me he reckons they might fit an FK8 Type R but not sure if he's talking rubbish.

That'll be the giveaway, genuine Volks will feel featherweight.

They probably won't fit. While the FK8 has the same PCD as the BMW, the offset is far more extreme.

That'll be the giveaway, genuine Volks will feel featherweight.

They probably won't fit. While the FK8 has the same PCD as the BMW, the offset is far more extreme.

Ahhh, i see. Makes sense. The car actually came with spacers in a little box in the boot which i still have, is the offset more or less extreme on the FK8? Cheers for the info so far!

Considerably more. ET60 is probably about as extreme as you can get on a production vehicle.

Yep I think the limit I’ve seen someone go to on an FK8 is ET35 and that would be 18’s with rubber bands for tyres.
The majority of FK8 owners wouldn’t go there though as it’s going to negatively affect the handling.
BMW I think might generally be lower than 35?
what about the Nissans? GTR, skyline, SX? Are they120 pcd?

Thanks for the reply chaps, apologies for the delayed response. I've had a further look, im going to be hard pressed i reckon to find a car with the same PCD (120X5) and an ET within the ballpark of what i have, it looks like the only car my alloys might fit is another BMW!

Back