• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 I might be about to go mad and get an FK8...

Why would they? It's standard plate size, conforming to the BS 145d standard, it's got an official manufacturer logo on (my other half's FN2 has this logo on her original dealer plates) and you don't have to have a blue GB / UK badge if you don't want to.

Being super-anal, I've actually made my plates more legal, I didn't even know this was a thing until I researched reg plate rules -

Section 3:

2020-11-09-12-18-56-Microsoft-Edge.png

Last edited by a moderator:
The British Standard
All number plates must conform with the British Standard. By law, each number plate must be marked with the following information:

The British Standard number (currently BS AU 145d)
The name or trade mark of the manufacturer or component supplier.
Name and postcode of the supplying outlet. That’s your company trading name and postcode, which must match the address registered with the Register of Number Plate Suppliers at DVLA
Logos, images, telephone numbers and websites cannot be displayed on a physical number plate. It is also an offence to alter or rearrange the digits on a number plate. The registration must read exactly how it has been issued on the customers V5C. If a vehicle is displaying an illegal number plate, it may fail an MOT test.

I see, well I couldn't find any of that on the gov site. I'm sure plod isn't going to be too concerned about a missing postcode! Still, my number plates are now not affixed with screws, maybe an anal plod would have pulled me for that!

I see, well I couldn't find any of that on the gov site. I'm sure plod isn't going to be too concerned about a missing postcode! Still, my number plates are now not affixed with screws, maybe an anal plod would have pulled me for that!

The affixing thing is only when the bolt, screw or whatever alters the appearance of the letters - you know how some people stick a black plastic screw cap in-between an 0 to make it look like an 8 or some such. I always stick my plates on simply because I think it looks cleaner :)

Yeah, I know what you mean. I once got tugged in my Impreza P1 as it had an aftermarket front mounted intercooler and the big number plate obstructed the airflow so that the car would run hot, so I had a small one. Mr Policeman was cool though, think he was more interested in the car.

Least you have not got those 3d lettered ones, where there is a different color plastic which sits behind the black letters if you know what I mean.....OR...those dark tinted ones where the pr1ck driving basically says I plough past speed cameras at 120 mph... OR... a tiny non legal lettered one like **** who lives down my road with an C63 AMG who drives everywhere at full chat thinking he is the don but really is telling people his penis size matches his gothic font..

so your fine in my book ha

Least you have not got those 3d lettered ones, where there is a different color plastic which sits behind the black letters if you know what I mean.....OR...those dark tinted ones where the pr1ck driving basically says I plough past speed cameras at 120 mph... OR... a tiny non legal lettered one like **** who lives down my road with an C63 AMG who drives everywhere at full chat thinking he is the don but really is telling people his penis size matches his gothic font..

so your fine in my book ha

No I can't stand tossing about with plates, hate the tinted ones as well. I really want to drive my new car, but I work from home and can't think of an legit excuse to go on a blast! I brimmed it with petrol just before lockdown and we have enough food. Apart from spaghetti.....hmm...

Yeah its hard to resist. I went for some exercise at the weekend at a further away park than I needed to. Roads were crazy. I was part of the problem.

But. its. just. so dam.hard.not.to

Yeah, I know what you mean. I once got tugged in my Impreza P1 as it had an aftermarket front mounted intercooler and the big number plate obstructed the airflow so that the car would run hot, so I had a small one. Mr Policeman was cool though, think he was more interested in the car.

My P1 had Scooby Doo “ghosted” behind the letters and numbers. My boss wasn’t too happy. Mind you, I was a copper at the time! :lol:

Ah fellow past P1 owner :D. I was the sad git that had a teddy Scooby in the back of mine. It now lives on top of the dvd unit! Think this needs a pic. Had two P1's and a couple of years ago a 2005 WRX Sti widetrack model.

pixlr-20201109190545940.jpg

I very nearly bought another P1 about a year ago after I sold my first FK2. It was a one owner, 64k mile example with full service history. It was being sold on a no reserve auction on ebay on behalf of a recently deceased uncle, by his nephew. I went and test drove it, had a full on poke around, was generally enthusiastic and positive about it.The guy said he wanted it to go to someone who was a fan of the brand and would continue to love and look after it like his uncle did, and not to go to a car collector to sit in a warehouse. I couldn't have ticked more boxes.

I offered him £19k, and he spoke to 'the family' but said they were going to let the auction run. I said I've got £19k, can drive it away now, the auction ended the following day and I was (and would be) the only person to view it.

I was outbid and it sold for £21k the following day. I contacted him a few days later to ask if it was a genuine buyer etc and if it had definitely gone, and he rather sheepishly and pretty annoyed, told me it had gone to a car collector to sit in a storage shed.

In the end, I'm kind of glad I didn't get it, yes it's a great iconic car, but it would just be a pile of grief to keep it running and the tin worm is getting them now.

that's the wrong one, that's for the Fk2

Fitted my FK8 perfectly.... From my original online order: "K&N Engine Air Filter: High Performance, Premium, Washable, Panel Replacement Filter: 2017-2019 (Civic Type R)"

Not to mention Tegiwa are selling exact same part number as the one I bought, for FK8 (33-5070).

I'll probably try and fit the filter at the weekend, no doubt being a new car it will be an engine out job. :p

Also might have to put a Type R boot mat on my Xmas list.

Back